High stakes poker... (NL 10) :)

• steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Hey there.

Im a new poker player who discovered the great site pokerstrategy.com and its free bank roll! I currently live in the city of inverness in Scotland but am soon to move to university in Glassgow to study Chemistry. Im hoping that poker can work as a part time job which can help me get through my studies by providing some extra cash! I hope this blog will work to give me motivation to meet my targets even if nobody reads it. :)

So far i have been reading a lot of blogs and have recognised the importence of a good poker mindset! Many people complain about bad beats but that is what keeps the fish playing and making bad moves! Hopfully i can stay away from the perils of tilt.

So far i have grinded my way through the hardy stakes of NL 2 and NL 4 in a couple of months. Currently I am four tabling Nl 10 short handed on party poker and have built my bank roll to $500 from the initial money.
      When /If i reach $600 i plan to move up to NL 25. (is this too aggressive?)

I hope any experienced readers of my blog (however unlikely that is :) ) can provide some hints and tips on what makes a succesfull player in the posts that are to come. Here is my progress and starts so far on Nl 10.

"Limit","Hands","Hands Won","Sessions","Sessions Won","Hours","Amount Won","BB/100","$/100","BB/Hour","$/Hour","Rake","MGR"
      "$0.10 NL (6 max)","20,189","4,231 (20.96%)","247","133 (53.85%)","38.98","$260.47","6.45","$1.29","33.41","$6.68","$185.88","$181.16"

"Limit","VP$IP","PFR","W$WSF","WTSD","W$SD","AF","AFq","3Bet","Fold 3B","Att To Steal","Fold BB to Steal","Fold SB to Steal"
      "$0.10 NL (6 max)","25.17","21.96","46.84","22.58","58.67","3.52","52.73","5.86","79.02","43.56","75.74","86.77"

Im too stupid too know how to post my graph so i hope that works (not likely) Pointing out any obvious faults/retardedness would be greatly appreciated and telling me how to post a graph. (and yes, i am a bit new to this forum business). :p

My targets -
      Playing at least 1.5k hands a day
      Making NL 25 by August the 15th
      Get one reply to my blog :)
  • 4 replies
    • steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Ok just relised how stupidly hard my stats are to comprehend in my first post. Does poker tracker have a way to export them in a more legible fasion?

Also here is my graph

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I notice my red line is plummeting. Is this standard for the micros or something i can improve on? ?(
    • Bossulb
      Bossulb
      Bronze
      Hi there. I will study chemestry too but in Romania:P It's good that you started this blog it will help you with your motivation. 600$ means 24BI at 25NL but you can try a shot and if you go back to 500 grind your way back to 600:I am playing 10NL too and i would like to make some sweat sessions together it would help us both. Just let me know if you are interested(i let you a message ). Good luck and i will follow your blog.
    • steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One target has been reached, getting one reply to my blog. Hopefully this will be my first step on the way to poker glory :s_biggrin: . Hopefully the fact noone has posted about my stats means that im not doing anything blatently wrong. :D

I have also managed to play at least 1.5K hands a day so far. However the results have been less than spectacular. Im down one BI over the last 5K hands, mostly due to the fact that I lost 5 BI in about 30 mins. :f_frown:

Im not really bothered about results just now though. I guess at my stage focusing as much as i can on learning and improving rather than stressing over results and grinding will lead to a much faster rise through the stakes anyway. I think tommoro I will write up some new targets, ones that are not based on results and are rather based on the amount of studying I need to do.

I need to remember to mark intresting hands in pokertracker and post them here or in the hand evaluation forums as im not sure if I was being too spewy or if it was simply a result of variance. Even so, im sure there was many things that I did wrong.

Hopefully i can get some intresting or amusing hands in tonights session to post!
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hey, the title of your blog made me laugh so I read it.
      Good luck on your goals will try to follow :)

And nice graph too. Much more constant than what I can put lol.