[NL2-NL10] All-in with 333 on a draw heavy board

• hmogotvm
      hmogotvm
      Bronze
      Hello.

This is a disaster hand I had yesterday, one I think I played terribly.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $4.51
      BU (Hero):
      $5.72
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $1.72
      UTG1:
      $1.00
      UTG2:
      $1.19
      MP1:
      $1.95
      MP2:
      $0.78
      MP3:
      $5.34

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, 3.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, CO calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, SB folds, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.21) 3, J, 6 (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB folds, UTG2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.42, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.00, MP3 calls $0.58.

Turn: ($2.21) Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($4.21) 7 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $9.21.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a flush, queen high(4 5).
      Hero shows three of a kind, threes(3 3).

MP3 wins with a flush, queen high(4 5).

MP was an unknown player, I had no proper stats on him I think.

Basically, I would like to know your thoughts of all streets. I think the flop raise wasn't incorrect - drawy board, no complete draws possible yet - time for a reraise, right? I guess I can think I have the best hand at the moment.

Now, on the turn, is where I get lost. As MP raised the flop it was hard to put him on a flushdraw, I was thinking more like hands like AJ (could've called with it preflop, I guess)? Then again, it's stupid of me, because top pair would not be betting at this point, but rather check/calling... Despite the large bet, I decide to call. If I had to play this again, I would probably have shoved at this point, since any spade would now a have a draw against me, and I have 10 outs to make it despite the board.

On the river I hadn't a slightest clue what to do. There was a lot of money in the pot already, and MP shoved the rest. Seven completed another draw, but I was totally lost and I think I blundered at this point with calling. If I played again, I'd probably fold...

Such thoughts... Having that said, I don't know what to make of this hand. Is it possible to put a guy on a monsterdraw on the flop? Should I have shoved, if yes, when? Should I have folded, if yes, when? What were the mistakes in my play?

Thanks a lot.
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey man,

You should post in the BSS forum so I have this thread moved out. But to not dissapoint I will evaluate your hand from my POV:

I would bet on the flop around $0.18. When mp3 raises, I found JJ unlikely and if you got beat by 3 combo's of 66 then it is a cooler. Basically what I want to say here is that I want to reraise him to get it in on the Turn.

As played it is a tough spot since you just call his c/R on the FLop with a monster. I would call the Turn and probably fold the RIver as I dont see Jx (toppair) shoving the River

- Gerv
    • hmogotvm
      hmogotvm
      Bronze
      Hey
      I'm sorry i posted in BSS, that's totally fail on my part :P Shall I go make another duplicate post or can mods kindly move it over there for me?

Thanks for your thoughts! If I understand you right you meant I should've shoved the turn to his reraise?

yeah, guess I should've folded river, it's crazy to shove with J.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      When MP3 c/r the flop he mostly likely has a hand he wants to get his money in with so I think you can just shove it there. It is a bit of an overbet but you beat too much and can get called by a lot worse like FD+overs, OESD, TPTK, overpair, etc.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No I shove the Flop not the turn ;)
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would 3bet bigger, but just calling that turn if he leads again after such a flop action. Hard to say about river, but board is really bad for you, so folding may be reasonable as I really don't see any worse hands that could so bravely bet all streets.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can make it 1.4-1.5$ on the flop and likely I´d also shove turn
      If he has you beat then you´re going to call down anyway on the river, but he can also have there smt like AJ with nut flushdraw or maybe overpairs or random hands that he plays aggressively.
      So you shouldn´t always be behind against flush and if you are, then you should have 10 outs to improve