[NL2-NL10] QT played like a donkey..

• SiXAT
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.32, MP1 folds, BU calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.67) 7, 4, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BU calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.39) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero raises to $1.54, BU calls $0.32.

River: ($4.25) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.25.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(T Q).
      BU shows a pair of queens(Q A).

BU wins with a pair of queens(Q A).
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Hide the results when posting a hand, please.
      I wouldn't 3bet QTo usually, even tho BTN can be easily using his position and iso raising MP1. May do that with some reads, but still would wait for some better spot/cards.
      Well, you can't really give up the flop now, so cbetting is fine. On turn pot is already awkwardly big and making any bet in it would mean calling shove. So in first place I would try to avoid of such a spots where I have to put money in with TP and medium kicker in 3bet pot.
      As played I don't like shoving overall, because you have no fold equity and don't see bluff betting so often, most likely he would check back his marginal holdings, because he may be afraid you are trapping him. So if you are planning to go broke - bet out yourself.
      And results are good example why you don't wanna 3bet QT. :)
      Just my humble opinion.
    • EmanuelC16
      I don't think bluff 3betting is the way to go on NL2. Fold preflop usually :D

As played, cbet flop, c/f turn would be best with no other reads. QJ, QT, JJ he would check back there so if he bets, he usually has KQ or better. Only bluff in his range is AK, but that's just one. There are countless hands that call you on the flop and beat you...

+1 for stop posting the results.
    • Kaitz20
      postflop play is fine, since he should also have enough worse hands that are going to take stab on the pot if you check to him
      I think 3-bet QT is a little too loose, since he would often call there hands that dominate you KT+ and QJ+ SO better is to stick with your value hands