$3.13
      BB (Hero):
      $2.59
      MP1:
      $6.50
      MP2:
      $1.01

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 6.
      MP1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, BU raises to $0.06, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.19) 3, 5, 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, BU bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, MP1 folds, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.25.
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I don't think he's gonna fold any better hands here when you raise, but at least you avoid situations when card like A/K/Q/J hits the turn and you're in guessing game OOP. So seems fine to me just because it may turn out bad for you if you play too passive here and you can easily fold to 3bet here as I dobt he will 3bet worse hands here ever.
      Just my humble opinion.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      2 words: set value. By c/r you turn your hand into a bluff. You can b/f because c/r doesn't do anything but get Ax, Kx out. Anything else is calling. If you b/f you may get called by Ax, Kx and usually raised by PP or strong draws against which it is correct to fold given the equity.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      2 words: set value. By c/r you turn your hand into a bluff. You can b/f because c/r doesn't do anything but get Ax, Kx out. Anything else is calling. If you b/f you may get called by Ax, Kx and usually raised by PP or strong draws against which it is correct to fold given the equity.
      Tbh when reading this I see a lot more true here than in my post. :D You could deffo call for set value and I missed MP1 is still in game, so raising is even more worse here. Adding that BU will rarely cbet this with Ax/Kx hands as he knows that a lot of players may make a move here - it seems really speculative to do that raise. But still as I said - he won't fold any better hands here, but is really c/r sooooooo bad here as I just don't like giving up so easily on flop where our hand could be the best.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      emanuel, i think u are too narrow minded with the pocket pairs and how to play hands as if there is only one play that is correct.
      I prefered here to play c\r beacause i believe that 66 is often the best hand agaisnt the others' ranges, so i want to protect it, if i donked the player who raised preflop often calls and floats the turn ,and its cheaper for him to call so maybe he makes the correct thing.. anyway he is a very aggressive player so i expected him to bet in position on a ragged board with over cards or A high.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SiXAT
      emanuel, i think u are too narrow minded with the pocket pairs and how to play hands as if there is only one play that is correct.
      I prefered here to play c\r beacause i believe that 66 is often the best hand agaisnt the others' ranges, so i want to protect it, if i donked the player who raised preflop often calls and floats the turn ,and its cheaper for him to call so maybe he makes the correct thing.. anyway he is a very aggressive player so i expected him to bet in position on a ragged board with over cards or A high.
      You protect it by betting, not by turning it into a bluff. Against Ax and Kx you should be value betting. I never say there is only one way.

About the odds you give him: bet out .12 you give him ~2.5:1. Raise to .18 here you give him 3.5:1 odds. In other words, any hand that would call a donkbet on the flop would call your raise here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      when Bu makes that small bet it really seems that he doesn´t have anything, so I think c/r is fine idea
      He may fold there 77, but I think you´re often ahead anyway and would take down pot a lot of times. So I don´t see any reason why not c/r with best hand. If you get called I´d prefer c/f turn, since likely you can´t make him fold better hands