profitability of SSS

• Magijec
      Magijec
      Bronze
      Hi. I am pretty new here (since 7.10.), but i am playing almost every day a lot. I am just asking about SSS. I dont think it is much profitable. I have 47 partypoker points and 43,8 USD. Today i had some good hands, when i started, but then luck keep off me. :) O course i made few mistakes, but if i didnt them, i am right on 50 USD now. So i think the SSS is only for making Partypoker points. I hope, that your BSS will be more profitable. :) I like your poker lessons and i look forward to Silver articles. :P

edit: Btw didnt anyone have idea to make robot-program, which will play automatically SSS on 30 tables all at once? Because it is good strategy to make some $$$ from bonuses. :P
  • 6 replies
    • Mystrapoker
      Mystrapoker
      Bronze
      Im with you on this one. The SSS depends on other shortstacks not being at your table. But PartyPoker tables are saturated with them. Its almost impossible to find a table with less than 4 shortstacks. So you go on a single-table with only 1-2 of them, then another come in like 5 minutes later and you have to do it again. I've been up-and-down with my bankroll for the last 2 weeks, havent made any profit because the tables sucks.

Cant wait to get silver and start doing the BSS, I think it will be much more effective because there are many shortstackers. On other sites with much less shortstacks the SSS is very lethal. I was almost out of money on 2 other sites and I double it since I started using the SSS on those sites...
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mystrapoker
      ...On other sites with much less shortstacks the SSS is very lethal. I was almost out of money on 2 other sites and I double it since I started using the SSS on those sites...
      We know that there are many short stack strategy players on PartyPoker. That's why PokerStrategy started to cooperate also with other sites. But as you can see: if there aren't that many short stack strategy players the SSS is very profitable! So you can play profitably even on PartyPoker if you select your tables carefully.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I thought about also SSS profitability. On NL 10 BSS my stats is 1 BB/100 hands and on NL 25 SSS it is 2,5 BB/100 hands. But I have to play a lot more hands on SSS and BSS to find out which one is profitable.

Right now I´m trying to improve BSS skills, but SSS is in the long run quite profitable.
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      Im playing SSS maybe for one month not all the time i had ups n down and atm it is not profitable for me. Maybe its a downswing that lasts i really dunno, sometimes u go up 7 stacks next day u go down 5 and thats how it goes. Some have more luck and will make 500$ of those 50$ pretty fast, and then u feel u re cursed or sth similiar. I am playing the same strategy every time but if I would play BSS i can bet on me that i would definetly go broke very soon. So if you wanna clear your party poker bonus or any other room, play SSS and leave when u see your loosing. And when you are winning stay longer. That would be my tip of the day.

yours truly
      breakeven player :)
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      Ah ... yeah sorry i did not mention this in previous post :)

my plans are like this either try to make cash in certain room or loose as little as possible, grab as much points in certain period, to get their bonus, maybe use also pokerstrategy tell a friend option, cash out, move to another room maybe titan, or inter poker which pokerstrategy offers, deposit all of your cash you made and use bonus codes pokerstrategy provides, so you can get more knowledge by reading their articles, videos, coachings... + enjoy maybe their exclusive freerolls :) that happen at titan and get lucky at least once :)

I am only interested to learn, profit and whore really :) ... and I hope ill make pokerstrategy proud one day :) when i`ll win a big tourney or when ill chop off some massive stack of our top coaches :) ... hihi.

what r the odds ?
      anyone wanna bet :)

cheers
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I recommend that you post the hands you played in our sample hands boards! This way you find out if you play correctly according to the SSS or if you make mistakes (believe me: everyone makes mistakes). You will get advice from other players and can improve your game (and winrate) a lot.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81