[NL2-NL10] Nl50Sh - dodgy combodraw

• erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $30.23
      CO:
      $117.76
      BU:
      $86.33
      SB:
      $17.68
      Hero:
      $52.64

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , 9:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2.50) T:club: , J:heart: , 7:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, MP2 folds, CO raises to $4.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $11.00, CO calls $7.00.

Turn: ($24.50) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $18, CO calls $18.00.

River: ($60.50) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $60.50
  • 5 replies
    • Laurenz1988
      Laurenz1988
      Bronze
      I push the flop, Maybe a huge overbet but need the FE!~
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I agree, on SH it's either a lot bigger bet on flop and push turn or AI on flop, in my opinion.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi erob60!

I agree with Laurenz1988 and degnic. You should push it on the flop you have middle pair plus monster draw: get the money in.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      But is pushing the flop really that reasonable? I would think that we either win a small pot to a fold or get called by a set or straight and be behind (we aren't even drawing to the nuts). Pushing the turn sounds better to me since the pot we win to a fold is much larger.

Can someone clarify which is better and why?

Thanks
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erob60
      But is pushing the flop really that reasonable? I would think that we either win a small pot to a fold or get called by a set or straight and be behind (we aren't even drawing to the nuts). Pushing the turn sounds better to me since the pot we win to a fold is much larger.

Can someone clarify which is better and why?

Thanks
      Your pot equity is high enough on the flop most probably to make it pretty much EV neutral if you are called. When this is combined with fold equity generated by an AI bet on the flop you have a profitble move. Furthermore, if you also massively overbet sets on such boards you become very difficult to play against.

AI on the flop should also chase out nut flush draws which will stack you when a 3rd :heart: falls.

Your positional disadvantage is also negated once your stack goes in.

On the turn your PE with one card to come is often halved. Your FE is also typically reduced. Remember also that tight-opponents do not offer particularly good implied-odds so you may not get paid-off even if you do hit.

I think the only time when big-draws may be better played more slowly are when your opponents are so bad that your FE=0 and your implied-odds huge.