$5.18
      BB:
      $5.29
      UTG1:
      $1.77
      UTG2:
      $2.02

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, A.
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.3) 7, 6, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.7) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

River: ($1.5) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.5.

First of all, my intention pf was to just steal the blinds. It's a technique you can abuse on Rush.

Secondly, is the board good enough for triple barreling? Pf I put him on some suited connectors, suites aces, small to medium PP. Flop is standard cbet. Kc is perfect for a second barrel as it doesn't complete the FD. When he calls the turn I'm 90% sure he has medium PP or FD. River is almost as blank as it can get so I fire a 1/2 pot bluff bet trying to make it look like a value bet. Unfortunately, villain is unknown so no stats or other reads.. Probably just a for-fun player.
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Ofc cbetting flop is fine and K is fine card to 2nd barrel, and I expect he will fold most of his marginal holdings at this point as most of NL5 players are not familiar with 2nd barreling so well.
      I wouldn't bet that river card as for most hands it's blank, but it completes 89 straight if he called two barrels with that, so I expect to get called a lot here by the same hands that called me on turn.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      It doesn't complete 89. It completes 85 and 35 which are long gone by now imo. :)
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Yeap, my bad, straight is no issue then.
      But I think A high has enough showdown value against missed SD/FD, so I would just check the river, because he will fold missed stuff and won't call with worse hands than A high. Btw, what kind of hands do you expect to push off on river? Qx? Maybe I'm just too conservative here. :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I expect to push off small to medium PPs, even JJ and some odd suited connectors that made a pair on that board. There also are some A high FDs that beat me.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I think most of pp's will fold turn, but as overall you gave yourself good reasoning to do it, then do it. :) This may be the spot you could do that, but as I'm not really comfortable in such a spots, I'm really looking forward in hearing judges opinion.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like it. I don't like barreling the K turn without betting blank rivers actually on such boards, especially when you make it so small. It's just too unlikely you'll get people to fold much on the turn, so it's pretty much a spot you're better off either firing 1 or 3, not 2. You'll encounter a good amount of those.

As far as showdown value is concerned, my definition of showdown value is when you're likely good at showdown AND have a decent chance to get there. You have no showdown value if villain is going to bet you out on the river every single time. So if you know villain is going to bluff enough for you to check/call it's fine, otherwise you're probably better off just following through with your bluff to fold out weakish hands as well as worse hands that could potentially bluff you out.

I actually think it's a decent spot to check/call because people just suck too much to valuebet even Qx in that spot, maybe Kx, and they'll have raised sets earlier in many cases. So you'll be up against a very polarized range mostly comprised of busted draws, which is good when you plan on check/calling. Only problem is if your opponent is randomly merging some small pocket pair or bluffing with a better Ax hand you'll be sick once he shows it to you. So probably bluff with your A5 and prefer bluff-catching with better Ax hands.

Hope it helps.