BTN: $25.00
      SB: $24.75
      BB: $35.80
      UTG: $20.21
      Hero (MP): $25.00
      CO: $4.04

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, BTN raises to $2.50, SB calls $2.40, fold, Hero calls $1.65

Flop: ($7.75, 3 players) 6:club: 4:heart: 4:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($7.75, 3 players) 2:spade:
      SB bets $4.45, Hero calls $4.45, fold

River: ($16.65, 2 players) 2:club:
      SB bets $17.80 and is all-in, Hero ?

This was very strange hand. After 3-bet I was thinking what do but after SB call I though I can call for set value. My plan was to c/f flop if I don't hit.

After checked flop, SB bet on turn and I have called to see what BU will do and what SB will do on river. I though that I could be WAWB SB, cause he can have smaller PP then me, FD, Ax hand or air and he wants to steal the pot, and only two hands that can beat mine that make sense to me are QQ or 66. When BU have folded and river came his shove was so fast like in second.

IMHO he is bluffing here often enough and I can call with JJ but I don't know. I think no hand that beats mine is betting that big (maybe QQ), if he have 4x, 2x (I don't expect him to have that in 3-bet pot) or 66 he would bet smaller cause he wants to be called (and he wouldn't bet so fast, probably go for hollywood with clock) and flush know that big bet is going to be called only by stronger hand on this board.

But then again he could thought the same as me and decided to bet big cause it will look like bluff.
  • 5 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      In such spots i'd say people rarely tend to bluff a lot most of the time they are doing this with the NUTS hoping that someone will think they are bluffing.I don't think he is bluffing here often enough as you said to justify a call.You need to win like 52% of the time which means he should be bluffing almost 1/2 of the times which is impossible in my point of view.Also his call from the SB after you got 3bet is often enough Pocket pairs which he want's to play for a set value.I'd say he is often enough having 66/44/22 there so you can't call.Also the fact that he did this instant(that you explained he did instant all in) meant that probably the river card didn't change anything for him and i don't think someone is bluffing without even thinking how did the river card helped you for example.
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      I'd say he is often enough having 66/44/22 there so you can't call.Also the fact that he did this instant(that you explained he did instant all in) meant that probably the river card didn't change anything for him and i don't think someone is bluffing without even thinking how did the river card helped you for example.
      So folding turn is best option here?
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Gugi19
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      I'd say he is often enough having 66/44/22 there so you can't call.Also the fact that he did this instant(that you explained he did instant all in) meant that probably the river card didn't change anything for him and i don't think someone is bluffing without even thinking how did the river card helped you for example.
      So folding turn is best option here?
      folding turn is a bit weak because his hand isn't well faced up so you can't make any big conclusions.Folding river is best :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think your hand is easier to play if you 4-bet to 8$ and then call shove
      BU 3-bet range is wider than JJ only problem is when SB has there monster QQ+, but that doesn´t happen too often and I think you also see AQ and some lower pp-s there
      As played: I think I won´t fold to blank river, so I´d prefer shoving myself on the turn
      River is close: hard to see him shoving TT and weaker pp-s, although that is not also very impossible. Since you didn´t want to shove turn I think river fold is better, although it is close
    • Gugi19
      Gugi19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      River is close: hard to see him shoving TT and weaker pp-s, although that is not also very impossible. Since you didn´t want to shove turn I think river fold is better, although it is close
      Yeah it was close. I don't know why but I talked my self into hero call and he had complete air.