This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK TPTK, FD, Completed Nut Flush.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.08)
      BB ($11.27)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($12.29)
      UTG+2 ($10)
      CO ($15.17)
      BTN ($15)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) Q:spade: 9:spade: 9:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

TURN ($0.70) Q:spade: 9:spade: 9:heart: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.45, UTG calls $0.45

RIVER ($1.60) Q:spade: 9:spade: 9:heart: A:heart: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.90, UTG raises to $2.55, Hero raises to $6.35, UTG raises to $9.25 (AI), Hero calls $2.90

UTG Stats = 14/12 ... 192 hands. The flat preflop was due to him having a call 3-bet of 100%, small sample of hands I know, but I gotta use what I have.
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Pre and hand till river seems totally fine. Strange for such a player to raise that river card, because at best he can have J high flush, but only real hands that got you beat are like one combo of AA and three combos of QQ, but I see these hands cbetting flop.
      I think - call against him, because he doesn't seem like crazy person and I can't really have idea how the hell he could be raising worse hands here. Sucks to see J high flush then, but his UTG raising range can't include many Js, so I like to play this on safe side.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      With those stats I'm not 3betting him on the river because anything but a full house or better will not call, let alone shove. The rest of the hand looks fine to me..
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, now you say it like that, I guess the call on the river would of been a much better option. It was the worst river card for me in this situation, I actually had him on A,Q the way the hand panned out.

Obviously I was wrong and he did indeed flip QQ. I was having a really bad session of coolers as well, FH vs FH etc. I see this as more of a mistake on my part than a cooler though after hearing your views.

Thanks again :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he's a fish it's okay but usually 14/12 players will be regs. On the flop they might check behind a flushdraw but they're more likely to bet them, and on the river they usually need a good flush at least to raise you (most of which you have blocked with your high spades), they're not turning a random pair into a bluff. So actually even tho QQ/AA are only 4 combos, I think it's more likely he checked back the flop with top set than for him to be bluffing or valueraising a J-high flush.

So I agree with the river call instead of 3-betting.

Hope it helps.