[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK TPTK, FD, Completed Nut Flush.

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.08)
      BB ($11.27)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($12.29)
      UTG+2 ($10)
      CO ($15.17)
      BTN ($15)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) Q:spade: 9:spade: 9:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

TURN ($0.70) Q:spade: 9:spade: 9:heart: A:heart:

Hero bets $0.45, UTG calls $0.45

RIVER ($1.60) Q:spade: 9:spade: 9:heart: A:heart: 2:spade:

Hero bets $0.90, UTG raises to $2.55, Hero raises to $6.35, UTG raises to $9.25 (AI), Hero calls $2.90

UTG Stats = 14/12 ... 192 hands. The flat preflop was due to him having a call 3-bet of 100%, small sample of hands I know, but I gotta use what I have.
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Pre and hand till river seems totally fine. Strange for such a player to raise that river card, because at best he can have J high flush, but only real hands that got you beat are like one combo of AA and three combos of QQ, but I see these hands cbetting flop.
      I think - call against him, because he doesn't seem like crazy person and I can't really have idea how the hell he could be raising worse hands here. Sucks to see J high flush then, but his UTG raising range can't include many Js, so I like to play this on safe side.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      With those stats I'm not 3betting him on the river because anything but a full house or better will not call, let alone shove. The rest of the hand looks fine to me..
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, now you say it like that, I guess the call on the river would of been a much better option. It was the worst river card for me in this situation, I actually had him on A,Q the way the hand panned out.

Obviously I was wrong and he did indeed flip QQ. I was having a really bad session of coolers as well, FH vs FH etc. I see this as more of a mistake on my part than a cooler though after hearing your views.

Thanks again :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he's a fish it's okay but usually 14/12 players will be regs. On the flop they might check behind a flushdraw but they're more likely to bet them, and on the river they usually need a good flush at least to raise you (most of which you have blocked with your high spades), they're not turning a random pair into a bluff. So actually even tho QQ/AA are only 4 combos, I think it's more likely he checked back the flop with top set than for him to be bluffing or valueraising a J-high flush.

So I agree with the river call instead of 3-betting.

Hope it helps.