$6.52
      MP3:
      $3.87
      CO:
      $9.72
      BU (Hero):
      $14.18

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, T.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.6) 7, 4, J (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.6) 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.6) 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.20, CO raises to $9.57(All-In), Hero folds, SB folds, BB folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.8.

Even with a straight in this spot, I didn't feel like I should call. I was almost positive that he had a ten also, and the rake on the huge split pot would have cost me much more than the mere $0.15 I had invested. Also, there's always the chance he shows QT and I lose 2 buy-ins.

Looking back, I guess it was possible that this unknown was a fish and hit 2 pair or a set on the river and I lost a chance to win a big pot

EDIT: Now that I look back, I realize I was wrong about the rake. I would have got back exactly $9.57 if it was a split pot. I definitely should have called X(
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Was he really so unknown, you both have 100+BB stacks? Well, if I had QT I may play exactly like this and it's really likely still has Tx anyway as you have to be really blind to not to see that straight possibility here and shove some trash hands. And I doubt there's many hands for CO to have with 2pair, so I tend to just fold there, a bit too blurry for me.
      As far as I know, rake will be generated anyway in split pot.
    • Geropy
      Geropy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Was he really so unknown, you both have 100+BB stacks?
      I should have mentioned that this was Rush poker and I'm pretty sure this was the first time I was in a pot against him, so yes he is an unknown.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Fine by me. You have no reads to even remotely suggest he's insane, so most of the time he'll have Tx as well and occasionally he'll show QT. The pot isn't big enough to warrant you taking on that splitting/dead spot.

Hope it helps.