SSS downfalls

• iamavibe
      I have been thinking much about strategy and how to implement a strong SSS in my game play, but there are two major issues I just cant get around:

1.) When you get beat (which does happen) you essencially lose $2 every time (this is because the all in move is such a large factor of the SSS). When this does happen you have to make the SSS work perfectly 5 times just to make a 50c profit.

2.) In many of the books I have read they focus a lot on the importance of defending your blinds, SSS don't seem to believe in this idea at all, infact at the moment when I play on PP I and I see a SSS player on the big blind I raise them to see if they have anything or if they are willing to give me their cash with no fighting.

Does anyone else battle with these flaws?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      If you play a lot of hands and you see that SSS or big stacks try to steal a little too often your blinds, then push Ax,KQ, KJ, any pocket pair. You are favourite against any random hand and your fold equity is very huge. Never call and they will give you some respect and don´t try to steal any two.

Pokerace hud is very good program which shows also pre-flop raises. Only thing you have to first earn 2000PP to get it:) . You could also invest 25$ and buy it ofcourse.
    • chenny8888
      biggest problem i'm finding at the moment is especially on partypoker every table has 5+ shortstacks. even if it wasn't for the clause in SSS strategy section telling you to leave whenever there are a couple of shortstack players on the table, i would still leave. shortstack players are so annoying to play against ><.
    • zibbygt
      Play NL5 there is no SSS.