PokerStars Steps

• ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, I have a question about the Pokerstars step system. Since I am grinding out cashgames on pokerstars I am earning a decent amount of fpp. I would like to use these fpps to enter tourneys such as the daily ninty grand which is 55 dollar buy in. However there is no direct amount of step tickets that can be purchased for 55 dollars. There is only 27 and 85.

Another question I have if I purchase the step 27 dollar ticket can I use it to play in a 22 dollar entry tourney? If so what happens to the remainder of the money.

Thank you, looking forwards to hearing replies and any general useful information which I could find helpful.
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

If there are no tickets in the store, you probably cannot buy a $55 ticket there :( . All I can see apart from the steps tickets are the $11 1/4 mil and $215 sunday mil etc.

As for the using a $27 ticket to buy in a $22 MTT, I doubt that works as it nicely says in the description that you can only use the ticket to play in the steps satelites.

Best regards,

Primzi
    • ZeMammuth
      ZeMammuth
      Bronze
      Alright thanks for the reply, I am trying to build up my roll grinding out nl 10 sh, and I am not too sure what is the best thing for me to build up my bankroll. I am pretty good at mtt so it will prob be more profitable for me to play tourneys than use the cash rewards....I am open to suggestions though :)
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Gold
      Originally posted by ZeMammuth
      Alright thanks for the reply, I am trying to build up my roll grinding out nl 10 sh, and I am not too sure what is the best thing for me to build up my bankroll. I am pretty good at mtt so it will prob be more profitable for me to play tourneys than use the cash rewards....I am open to suggestions though :)
      Save your FPP's till you hit supernova then go for the $4k cash once you have 250,000!

Tournies are probably not great for building a roll due to the monumental variance... It's all good if you get a win in your first 100 tournies though.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wurble

Save your FPP's till you hit supernova then go for the $4k cash once you have 250,000!

Tournies are probably not great for building a roll due to the monumental variance... It's all good if you get a win in your first 100 tournies though.
      Dont know if thats a joke or not but this advice is terrible.

NL10 player will never clear 4k bonus (or get enough fpps in the first place).

Best way to use FPPs would be to play fpp satalites to 1/4 mil tourney or wait for instant cash bonuses stars used to do once in a while, but then again - there are no guarantee they will do it again.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Gold
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      Originally posted by Wurble

Dont know if thats a joke or not but this advice is terrible.

NL10 player will never clear 4k bonus (or get enough fpps in the first place).

Best way to use FPPs would be to play fpp satalites to 1/4 mil tourney or wait for instant cash bonuses stars used to do once in a while, but then again - there are no guarantee they will do it again.
      Erm, this was on the assumption that op would move up the limits as he builds his roll. I was under the impression that the $4k cash was the best cash value you could get for your FPP's?

Obviously you're not gonna hit supernova playing nl10....