$5.12
      MP1:
      $5.67
      MP2:
      $4.55
      MP3:
      $2.42

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 8.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.2) J, Q, T (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, UTG2 folds, MP1 folds, SB calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.5) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60.

River: ($1.7) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.7.

I have played some hands with SB and I feel that he is completing a strong hand to trap.

On the flop I could've potted it instead of 3/4 bet to protect against a lot of cards that I didn't want to see.

The Jack is not really a card I wanted to see on the turn (unless they had KJ AJ but that still has a decent amount of outs against my bottom straight) so I bet to protect a bit over pot.

I haven't been reping the flush and I didn't want to get re-raised so I checked behind.

After he called +pot on turn and the flush completed, should I value bet the river or just check behind?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I check behind too. On a paired flushing and straightening board you don't get value from that many worse hands, maybe trips and you open yourself to bluffs if you bet the river.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Overall looks good for me and that c/c line by opp really looks like FD, because I think he would think twice before calling turn bet with Qx/Tx and he would raise Jx there often. When he checks the river it's getting interesting as there's really few hands we could bet against, maybe he still has Qx, but I somehow think he's using your aggro betting image to trap you or he's just passive enough to call again with Qx/Jx, so I may bet if he's passive, as then I would be sure he's not trying to push me off my hand with bluffs.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Xiven
      I have played some hands with SB and I feel that he is completing a strong hand to trap.
      You can't really base your play on that. For every single time he's overcalling to trap with a big hand there will be many times he's just getting in there cheap with some trash hand.

Agreed otherwise. If he's loose passive bet/fold, otherwise checking it back is fine.

Hope it helps.