$4.00
      CO:
      $1.65
      BU:
      $4.24
      SB:
      $6.79

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.56, BB folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.16) J, 7, A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.44) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.16, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.44.

26/17/-/5,4 3bet 77hand

PRE: stand open, and i get 3bet TAG player on the SB, he have 14% 3bet in SB but here i dont thinks he 3bet me loose, even if i thinks he alwyas folds worst hand when i 4bet/get in here so i thinks calls is best play.

Flop: he c.bet 100% here so i just call becouse board is dry and i dont worry about turn.

Turn: he slowndown i thinks he sometimes c/r here with AQ, AJ, but majority times he have hare TT, QQ, KK and he plays c/f so i thinks here chback is best play becouse i can get call PP river bet, but here i get action only Jx or AQ, maybe AT but this is small part his range.

What do you thinks??
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Calling pre is ok IP. There are always discussions what's better, but there's no one line for all situations. If you 4bet him, but you have to call a shove, so you can do it of you know he won't shove it with QQ+ only. Against rather tight and passive it's bad idea. So overall - calling IP is totally fine.
      I would call flop like you did, but check back turn, because I don't see so many worse hands he could call and he didn't bet with, there are no dangerous draws for you and if he would feel ahead with Ax or Jx, he would keep betting turn I think.
      I may bet or call his bet on river, it depends on action he does and river card.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Calling pre is ok IP. There are always discussions what's better, but there's no one line for all situations. If you 4bet him, but you have to call a shove, so you can do it of you know he won't shove it with QQ+ only. Against rather tight and passive it's bad idea. So overall - calling IP is totally fine.
      I would call flop like you did, but check back turn, because I don't see so many worse hands he could call and he didn't bet with, there are no dangerous draws for you and if he would feel ahead with Ax or Jx, he would keep betting turn I think.
      I may bet or call his bet on river, it depends on action he does and river card.
      +1.

Your bet on the turn just says: "I have a good ace, fold everything worse!"
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Both 4-betting and calling are fine preflop.

On the turn I'm also betting simply because you'll find some players pot-controlling worse Ax hands sometimes and overall we just cannot represent a weak hand, so the hands check/folding on the turn will usually check/fold the river regardless.

Hope it helps.