I Cant Do It

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      I NEED HELP... IM A NATURAL GAMBLER . . . AND I LIKE TO WIN IT ALL OR LOSE IT ALL . . WITH THE INITIAL $50 STARTING CAPITAL I GOT UP TO $475 DOLLLARS IN MY FIRST TO DAYS . . I WAS OFF TO A FLIGHT . . SO I TRYED PLAYING SMALLER STAKES BUT THE DONKEYS DONT RESPECT A RERAISE AT SMALL STAKES AND I CANT ON GETTING RIPPED OFF BY THE TIME THE RIVER CAM SO I WAS LIKE A YOYO I WAS LOSING SAY 20 DOLLARS AT MICRO STAKES THEN WINNING IT BACK IN A FEW HANDS AT LARGER STAKES .... BUT MY NICE RUN HAD HE INEVITABLE ENDING I STEPPED INTO A A BIGGER STAKED GAME AND WELL LOST IT ALL ... BACK TO THE FREE ROLS ON THE FT FOR ME
      BUT IM TRYING TO BULID MY PS MONEY UP WITH A FEW FRIEND REFERRELS SO WHEN I GET $50 BACK .. GO BACK ON THE FULL TILT

MY CONCERN IS THOUGH I WILL LOSE IT PRETTY QUICK

HAS ANYBODY OVER A SIMILARITIE LIKE THIS

ID PREFER TO PLAY POKER AND NOT GAMBLE, IM AN INCREDIBLE POKER PLAYER ... BUT I NEED TO STAY AT THE SMALL STAKES WITH A LOW BANK I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO MAKE BE STAY THERE AND NOT DRIFT INTO THEM BIGGER STAKED GAMES
      ANY SUGGESTION APPRCIATED
  • 13 replies
    • Zer0Maker
      Zer0Maker
      Bronze
      Hmm if u respect bankroll and play with your bankroll you cant loose too much just follow bankroll and its all dont go to higher limit if u dont have much money for it...
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      yeah yeah, tl;dr and all that...

Firstly...

Originally posted by pogodon
      I NEED HELP... IM A NATURAL GAMBLER . . . AND I LIKE TO WIN IT ALL OR LOSE IT ALL . .
      Get Help. google Gamblers Anon for whatever country your in.

WITH THE INITIAL $50 STARTING CAPITAL I GOT UP TO $475 DOLLLARS IN MY FIRST TO DAYS . . I WAS OFF TO A FLIGHT . .
      gg_variance

SO I TRYED PLAYING SMALLER STAKES BUT THE DONKEYS DONT RESPECT A RERAISE AT SMALL STAKES AND I CANT ON GETTING RIPPED OFF BY THE TIME THE RIVER CAM SO I WAS LIKE A YOYO I WAS LOSING SAY 20 DOLLARS AT MICRO STAKES THEN WINNING IT BACK IN A FEW HANDS AT LARGER STAKES
      Your crushing midstakes but cant beat the micros? learn to play better. if the donkeys dont respect a reraise, stop trying to 3bet steal with 67s ;)

.... BUT MY NICE RUN HAD HE INEVITABLE ENDING I STEPPED INTO A A BIGGER STAKED GAME AND WELL LOST IT ALL ... BACK TO THE FREE ROLS ON THE FT FOR ME
      Have fun down there with all the donkeys who won't respect your re-raises ;)

BUT IM TRYING TO BULID MY PS MONEY UP WITH A FEW FRIEND REFERRELS SO WHEN I GET $50 BACK .. GO BACK ON THE FULL TILT
      Let me know when you do, I could use a boost to my roll ;)

MY CONCERN IS THOUGH I WILL LOSE IT PRETTY QUICK
      Yeah, you will...

HAS ANYBODY OVER A SIMILARITIE LIKE THIS
      You think your the first losing gambler to be lured in by the $50 free? ;)

ID PREFER TO PLAY POKER AND NOT GAMBLE, IM AN INCREDIBLE POKER PLAYER ...
      No, your not. Incredible poker players don't get frustrated cos they cant beat the micro's and donk off their roll ;)

BUT I NEED TO STAY AT THE SMALL STAKES WITH A LOW BANK I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO MAKE BE STAY THERE AND NOT DRIFT INTO THEM BIGGER STAKED GAMES
      ANY SUGGESTION APPRCIATED
      Every poker game, at every limit, is 100% beatable. If you really want to learn to play poker and not just be a degen gambler, maybe you should sign up for one of those online sites that offers coaching and strategy articles... if only one of those existed which had in depth articles on sng's, BSS, SSS and more...

OH WAIT, IT'S CALLED POKERSTRATEGY.COM! MAYBE, YOU SHOULD READ SOME OF THE ARTICLES/WATCH SOME VIDEO'S/ATTEND A COACHING/HAVE A LOVE CHILD WITH GRAILER!

Ahem...

If you want to learn to be a better poker player, I have one piece of advice for you. Edit your first post, take out the bit saying that your "an incredible poker player" because if you were, you wouldn't be trying to scrounge a roll for the micros. BRM, tilt control and emotional stability are all as equally important to a poker players skillset as knowing what hands to play or how to bet them.

Unless this is a level by ihufa, in which case, keep on grinding my son ;)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i didnt ask for a smart comment you ..ya fool i asked for a bita help

and handicapped boy phil hellmuth is an incredible player .. he plays better against pro's then against donkeys

and who said i was 3 betting 76 fool im 3 betting AK and there winning with J5

your telling me to stick to the bankroll management but this is my problem i cant im glues to betting it all im looking for guideance not some stuck up fool trying to be clever
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

You can try going to pokerstars and turn on the limit protection - you can only play games until a set limit that you make. To turn it off, it takes 24 hours. So you will be forced to follow bankroll management :) . Other than that, you could try reading some of our psichology articles in the strategy section of the site or go through the psychology and self management forums (where I moved this topic). If that doesn't work, you will learn to follow the bankroll management when you lose too much by gambling ;) . But I believe in you as by posting here, you have already shown the will to stop gambling, so good luck with that!

P. s. It would be really nice if you stopped writing in caps lock... :) .

Best regards,

Primzi
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      humm this is the kind of the response i like .... this thing on poker stars sounds good id be forced to play small limits like the sounds of this ,,, thank you for responding
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      You are welcome, please come back to us and tell us how it went :) .

Primzi
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      your first problem is thinking phil hellmuth is a good player.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i didnt ask for a smart comment you ..ya fool i asked for a bita help
      And I offered you help... everything you need to build a bankroll and not blow it is available on this site. moreso as your crazy shot taking has gotten you to silver status.

and handicapped boy phil hellmuth is an incredible player .. he plays better against pro's then against donkeys
      No. Phil Helmuth plays best against large donkament fields, where folding QQ to a 3bet is seen as an incredible skill. Check out his 'impressive' performance against pro's on High Stakes Poker ;)

and who said i was 3 betting 76 fool im 3 betting AK and there winning with J5
      Awesome! You managed to get your money in as an approx 2:1 favorite. keep doing this over and over and watch the money flow :D

your telling me to stick to the bankroll management but this is my problem i cant im glues to betting it all im looking for guideance not some stuck up fool trying to be clever
      As has been suggested above, stars does have the ability to restrict what games you can play. However, even doing that wont help if you can't develop the dicipline to play at a certain limit. At the end of the day, your goal should be to take the ego out of the game and play whatever limit your rolled for. who cares if 100BB is only $10? download HEM (or PS.com elephant) and set it to only display your results in bb's. poker is the hardest way to make an easy living, so dont focus on the money aspect for now, focus on improving your game and take it from there.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if your a "natural gambler" best advice is not to play.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I pity the fool who likes Phil Hellmuth. Fool.
    • Satanic4
      Satanic4
      Bronze
      SO I TRYED PLAYING SMALLER STAKES BUT THE DONKEYS DONT RESPECT A RERAISE
      You are playing against a bunch of loose players who play anything that is suited/face card. If you try to play fancy in micro stakes you are going to get burnt majority of the time.

Best just to play ABC poker in micro... or close to it.

AKA

Bluff with position when there are no bets, Raise/bet with good hands, fold weak hands and play tight. Plus new players (lots of them in micro stakes) make big bets when they get excited (ie hit a big hand) and that is when you fold.

Paying attention to very loose/very aggressive players in micro limit usually pays off too.

:f_grin:
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      SO I TRYED PLAYING SMALLER STAKES BUT THE DONKEYS DONT RESPECT A RERAISE
      No Money in uNL, everyone is solid ;)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      AlCaTrAzzALZ a; though i didnt like your first comment you do seem to understand it better then me and i appreciate your input... and if i can fix this one area were i dont jump up limits to ealry i will be a better player i suppose maybe this is not a poker issue but more a gambling issue but im finding it impossible to play to stakes my bank allows

and wan thing i do not like phil hellmuth nor would i respect him as a person but he is theoreticaly the best tournement player in the world and as far his stunt on high stakes poker that was unlucky he lost 2 key pots athe first pot he had a king high flush hard to get away from and the 2nd pot he had a stright and flush draw so im not saying i like phil hellmuth but he does have to be considered as a good player