[NL2-NL10] TT against loose

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.15)
      SB ($2.25)
      BB ($2.27)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($0.70)
      MP1 ($1.29)
      MP2 ($0.92)
      Hero (CO) ($2)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.08, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.14, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.32) 3, 5, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($1.20) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.93, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.20 | Rake: $0.08

Very weird better pattern from SB, did I play this right? Anything I should of done differently? He was loose, this is why I called his small 3 bet preflop.
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Well, if he's not habitual min3better, I would threat this as sign of strength. That flop invites us to bet when he checks, but I would just check back, because if he had JJ+, he still has them. At best we may be against AK or diamond draw which could call. So I'll better get through this cheaply.
      If he's 3betting in this way a lot, I see nothing bad in betting flop, but even if raise on flop doesn't seem strong enough I think bet on turn should do it as by river you are almost committed if you call that.
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      you must take note of when he does this. Calling preflop is more than ok, because you get correct odds to at least setmine.

On the flop if this is the 1st time he did this I would try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Ofc it sux to give AK free cards, but as played, the only thing we beat that plays c/c as PFR is a diamond draw, and there shouldnt be too many of those in a 3b pot.

checking behind also induces him to make a delay cbet with missed overcards that would otherwise often fold to us, so we get more value that way.

If he was to check the turn again, i'm definitely betting; I'm also calling a reasonable bet from him on pretty much any turn
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by BattleHunter
      you must take note of when he does this. Calling preflop is more than ok, because you get correct odds to at least setmine.

On the flop if this is the 1st time he did this I would try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Ofc it sux to give AK free cards, but as played, the only thing we beat that plays c/c as PFR is a diamond draw, and there shouldnt be too many of those in a 3b pot.

checking behind also induces him to make a delay cbet with missed overcards that would otherwise often fold to us, so we get more value that way.

If he was to check the turn again, i'm definitely betting; I'm also calling a reasonable bet from him on pretty much any turn

This :)