[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA tough spot vs bad player

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Player was not good. Big VPIP and PFR.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($0.87)
      MP3 ($3.58)
      CO ($2.12)
      Button ($3.23)
      SB ($2.34)
      BB ($2.50)
      Hero (UTG) ($2.21)
      UTG+1 ($8.03)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
      Hero bets $0.08, 5 folds, Button calls $0.08, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.19) J, 7, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.19, Button calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.57) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.48, Button raises to $2.96 (All-In), Hero calls $1.46 (All-In)

River: ($4.45) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $4.45 | Rake: $0.29

Should I lay down?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Ift he has big VPIP, then it means he may have a lot of SC/trash in his prf calling range. Flop is definitely fine.
      Hard decision on turn as we should really know something more about opp. If you know that he goes AI just with nuts or something close to it - fold, but can you really make such an assumption again this guy? If he shoves flop I would insta call, but when he does this on turn somehow forces us to cross off suited connectors (unless QcKc maybe and similar) from his range. So that basically leaves us with a lot of Qx/Jx combos, but again it depends on his style how screwed we are in this spot.
      I may lay it down and may not, if he's loose, but he still doesn't push AI around too often I may fold, but on the other hand there are still worse combos possible and if he treats top pair or even second pair or even FD/SD like nuts I don't see nothing bad in calling a shove here.
      Correct me if I'm wrong.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm just not folding when in doubt, he could do that with random QcXc hands or pure flop floats that turned some kind of OESD/gutshot/BDFD. You'll get shown QJ and stuff some of the time for sure, but there will be enough worse hands in his range for us not to fold our overpair there without further reads.

Hope it helps.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Indeed Villain had QJ....lol.