UTG ($10.45)
      UTG+1 ($11.94)
      UTG+2 ($11.11)
      MP1 ($10.93)
      MP2 ($10.03)
      CO ($12.47)
      Hero ($11.05)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.05) 9:heart: 7:club: T:club:

UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.85, UTG+2 raises to $4.05, Hero folds

UTG+2 wins $2.57

Villain is 32/5 across 38 hands, and has made a huge raise like this 2 other times against other players. Do you think the fold is still correct?
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Making such a decision against fishes is always tricky, but i think folding is best option here. I think at best you may see some FD hand, but I tend to believe he has either set/two pair or combo draw/FD/FD+overs, well board allows so damn many bad combos we're going to flip or even be behind.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Making such a decision against fishes is always tricky, but i think folding is best option here. I think at best you may see some FD hand, but I tend to believe he has either set/two pair or combo draw/FD/FD+overs, well board allows so damn many bad combos we're going to flip or even be behind.
      +1

This is the kind of situation I always lost money to. I was either behind some 2-pair or better or at most flipping against pair+OESD. Let one blow away almost his entire BR then he'll start learning. B/f looks perfectly fine. Usually if villain doesn't fold to cbet it will be hard to get him off his hand so if you have him on a draw and turn/rivers are blank you can go for a thin value bet a bunch of times against hands like JT, QT, KT, J9, 87, etc. I think you get the idea.

Hope it helps!
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Anyone who knows anything about poker commenting on my hand helps, as it lets me see my hand from other players point of view, once again thanks to both of you. :s_thumbsup:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you have seen him c/r huge twice before and players give him credit I think you should shove there AT
      His c/r range is likely a lot of flushdraws, gutshots, one pair hands and he just puts pressure to the other players.
      If he shows up with two pair or better hand you can always make adjustments and b/f next time, but I think you should be ahead most of the times to bet/shove there