[NL2-NL10] JJ NL5 Rush

• EmanuelC16
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, J.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.67) 3, 4, J (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.44, CO folds, Hero calls $0.44.

Turn: ($1.55) T (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.14, Hero raises to $4.36, UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.69.

Call one more street even if board starts getting a little more draw heavy?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      I think he's not calling or betting river without improving if he's really just 2nd barreling turn, so shoving seems fine to me to let him call with whatever he has and if he picked additional equity for 2nd barrel he may hit river and you don't want it to happen, so I wouldn't just call it.
      Raising just leaves him with so small stack that he has to shove it anyway on turn, so I may raise to ~2.80$, but dunno if it makes such a difference as if he's willing to put his stack in, he's doing it anyway.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Usually I'll raise the flop so that my hand can still look like a flushdraw and expect random nl5 players to never fold TP+ anyway.

As played it's true that the board is getting drawier but villain's range is also getting narrower, unless he's crazy aggressive he'll have pretty much sets/QQ+/AdKd/AdQd there. After that it depends if you think he's capable of folding that to a call flop shove turn line, which some tight regs are. The board isn't that scary to you, only AdKd/AdQd can outdraw you, so sometimes against tightish players it's better to try and continue repping Jx so that they shove the river into you or check/call it against busted draws instead of giving them a chance to fold against the most commonly used slowplay line ever. Your call from there :)

Hope it helps.