Raise to isolate

• minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      I just saw some vids and I wanna apply somthin , raise to isolate donkeys , weak limpers , but I rlly don't know what type of hands I need to do that , so what range is the most suitable in this situation ?
  • 2 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Not quite sure if you're talking about FL or NL, but I can give you some basic advice for FL... Usually the hands that have good equity heads up vs the range of your oponent. Vs the limpers I usually like to Isolate with Ax, KJo+, QJo+, some suited high cards, etc... not much point in writing all the ranges, they're in the charts (actions against limper).

It does depend on the position though... for example from MP3 you can't isolate a MP2 limp with A2o as you don't have the equity agains the hands behing you. But if you're in the SB and the limper is in the BU, I'll easily isolate with A2o if he's loose enough that I'm ahead of his range.

The most important rule when isolating is: the hand that you're isolating with must be in the starting hand chart for that position if you were open raising - you need to be able to open raise it to be able to isolate it. Then just adjust to how loose the fish is - the looser she is, the looser you can isolate. equity wise, I prefer to Isolate with hands that have high cards than to hands with suited connectors because you have bad equity with them in heads up. Pocket pairs are good isolators as well :) .

Best regards,

Primzi
    • minihulk22
      minihulk22
      Global
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Hello!

Not quite sure if you're talking about FL or NL, but I can give you some basic advice for FL... Usually the hands that have good equity heads up vs the range of your oponent. Vs the limpers I usually like to Isolate with Ax, KJo+, QJo+, some suited high cards, etc... not much point in writing all the ranges, they're in the charts (actions against limper).

It does depend on the position though... for example from MP3 you can't isolate a MP2 limp with A2o as you don't have the equity agains the hands behing you. But if you're in the SB and the limper is in the BU, I'll easily isolate with A2o if he's loose enough that I'm ahead of his range.

The most important rule when isolating is: the hand that you're isolating with must be in the starting hand chart for that position if you were open raising - you need to be able to open raise it to be able to isolate it. Then just adjust to how loose the fish is - the looser she is, the looser you can isolate. equity wise, I prefer to Isolate with hands that have high cards than to hands with suited connectors because you have bad equity with them in heads up. Pocket pairs are good isolators as well :) .

Best regards,

Primzi
      I'm playing NL bss , but I found very usefull , thanks . It seemed to me that's a litlle bit losse to raise w/ broadways like QJ, KJ, limpers , but I'm gonna do it more often .