[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH J5s @ BB

• prg09
      villain is 52/27/5.6 over 89 hands. How should i have played this hand against a villain with such stats? ?( Should i have given up after he raised my bet on the turn? As played on the turn, should i just have let him bet on the river too?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.12) J, K, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.22) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, MP3 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15.

River: ($0.82) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP3 raises to $9.79, Hero calls $4.86.
  • 3 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      I think the way this hand was played, if you think you ahead on the flop then that's where you should of re-raised and then it's an easy fold to a 3-bet.

On the turn you decide to change your line and lead out and then call, what was your thought process behind this?

River is an easy fold after the shove you are behind to way to much to call off a stack here.

Fish can pick up hands too, and I would certainly feel behind after the turn re-raise, even though it's only minimum. It almost looks like he pushed you into the position he wanted you in and then took advantage of you.

He only shows aggression after you do that would scream at me that I am dominated and he was just waiting for you to hit the board before he played back.
    • Duudalinja
      I don't like this at all.

I would bet flop and most likely fold to raise. I don't think c/c flop and b/c turn is best line as there are not so many worse hands to call on turn and I'll better choose cheap line to get till showdown. I think limped pots is not the ones to fight crazy for unless you have ultimate nuts.
    • Kaitz20
      c/c flop and taking your hand to showdown is quite hard
      You can take line c/c flop, leading turn and then c/f river, although I´d likely take b/f flop, c/c turn and then c/f river
      As played: b/f is better than b/c, since he is not really raising there often enough with worse hands than yours and you may be way behind
      River: since you have two pair and that doesn´t really beat too many of his two pair combos I think c/c is better than b/f
      Don´t like b/c, since he shows up better two pair or straight too often