[NL2-NL10] NL5 AK CO isolation vs SB + 2 limpers

• dannyf85
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.28, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.25) 5, 4, Q (4 players)
      SB bets $0.80, UTG1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.85) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.85, Hero raises to $4.72, SB calls $2.05.

River: ($11.47) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.47.

UTG1 is 52/10 over 30 hands MP2 is 38/0 over 109 hands SB is 14/6 over 126 hands. Standard isolation agains 2 limpers and the small blind plus the limpers call, SB donks out ive seen him do this before, usually when he hits a pair i would expect him to c/r set or flush. I call thinking i have the odds against a pair. Turn pairs he bets again. now im thinking if he did bet the flop with a set he would definatly check here allowing me to try and float so im thinking iv still got the odds to call against a pair. If i call here the pot on the river would be $6.55 and i would have less than 1/2 pot bet left so i decided to jam it their

with 2 overs and a flush draw is calling the flop the best option for me or should i raise as a semi-bluff?

I keep thinking i should have folded the turn but if i am calling is it better to ship it in that spot due to what im left behind in relation to the pot?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      If you have history of him and you put him on pair, I would definitely raise flop, because I don't like calling flop with intention to shove turn, even more the blank one, because he donked in you on flop and after that turn bet I doubt he's folding here and you have just cut yourself with in terms of equity when you didn't raise flop, but did it on turn.
      But this donk bet on flop seems more like possible set he's trying to protect as board is so drawy, so I'm calling flop, but fold the turn because he may be jsut too excited to thin about c/r on c/c turn. Ofc I won't question your reads.
      I may be wrong, but this is how it seems to me.
    • dannyf85
      A donkbet on that board i would usually expect a set but iv seen him showdown top pair from a donkbet before also he has 70% bet OOP dont know if this is that relivent as the sample size is somewhat small

I have to agree i think c/f turn would be best as we are behind too often against a double barrel in that spot
    • Kaitz20
      you´re not folding your overcards and nut flushdraw, so you can also shove on the flop and expect to have quite good fold equity against one pair hands
      As played. I´d also shove turn. he may very often just lead with himself with flushdraw and if you´re behind you have enough outs to improve