This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 87s Pair on Flop

• alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 835344
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $8.53
      BTN: $6.52
      SB: $6.59
      BB: $3.04
      UTG: $4.00
      MP: $14.11

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 8 :heart: 7 :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 9 :heart: 8 :spade: 9 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.92) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.92) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

I had no stats on villain. On the river i think he has rarely has a 9 as he showed no aggression on the flop or turn, and surely he would want to defend against hands like JT. Also, he shows no aggression then bets quite big, and i can't see what hand he is trying to get value from if he has a 9. I figure he has a busted draw so i called. ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would call it if I have any reason to believe he's aggro and may bluff. He's betting rather big and he definitely has 9 in his range and he doesn't need any special hand to get value from, he bets because it's his last chance to do it. :) Against unknown I would fold it as there are almost no hands we beat here and he called flop with.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played your hand very standard to me and I´d also call river
      His range has enough missed draws and lower pp-s that me might take that line with
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      I'd bet turn to make my life easy, and bet small also.

Say I bet 30 cents and he raises me - I'm out. Yeah, he might make a move here and there, but it's pretty clear that after c/c flop and c/r turn he's got the 9 way more often.

If he just calls I'm always checking behind (even 8T beats me and calls me) and I might call if bet into, depending on the size. If it's big it's clear he was just lurking in there with the 9, otherwise it may be a blocking bet. The funny thing is that the blocking bet might be made with a better 8 :)

So bet small and fold to a raise on the turn, check behind river if given the chance or evaluate betsize if not.

As played I'm leaning towards a fold, but it's close..