Hero (CO): $8.53
      BTN: $6.52
      SB: $6.59
      BB: $3.04
      UTG: $4.00
      MP: $14.11

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 8 :heart: 7 :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 9 :heart: 8 :spade: 9 :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.92) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.92) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

I had no stats on villain. On the river i think he has rarely has a 9 as he showed no aggression on the flop or turn, and surely he would want to defend against hands like JT. Also, he shows no aggression then bets quite big, and i can't see what hand he is trying to get value from if he has a 9. I figure he has a busted draw so i called. ok?
  • 3 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I would call it if I have any reason to believe he's aggro and may bluff. He's betting rather big and he definitely has 9 in his range and he doesn't need any special hand to get value from, he bets because it's his last chance to do it. :) Against unknown I would fold it as there are almost no hands we beat here and he called flop with.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played your hand very standard to me and I´d also call river
      His range has enough missed draws and lower pp-s that me might take that line with
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      I'd bet turn to make my life easy, and bet small also.

Say I bet 30 cents and he raises me - I'm out. Yeah, he might make a move here and there, but it's pretty clear that after c/c flop and c/r turn he's got the 9 way more often.

If he just calls I'm always checking behind (even 8T beats me and calls me) and I might call if bet into, depending on the size. If it's big it's clear he was just lurking in there with the 9, otherwise it may be a blocking bet. The funny thing is that the blocking bet might be made with a better 8 :)

So bet small and fold to a raise on the turn, check behind river if given the chance or evaluate betsize if not.

As played I'm leaning towards a fold, but it's close..