UTG ($18.15)
      UTG+1 ($11.11)
      UTG+2 ($8.21)
      Hero ($10)
      MP2 ($7.94)
      CO ($9.85)
      BTN ($9.85)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, CO calls $0.35, fold, fold, BB calls $0.35

FLOP ($1.40) 9:club: 5:heart: K:diamond:

BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, CO folds, BB calls $0.90

TURN ($3.80) 9:club: 5:heart: K:diamond: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.80) 9:club: 5:heart: K:diamond: 8:spade: J:spade:

BB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

I'm not gonna give my thought process for this one, I just want to know how you'd play it. Villain is 25/12 - 78 hands and plays a lot worse than his stats suggest.

Example: Called down Table nit (6/2 83 hands) with 2nd flopped pair and by the river only 3rd pair.
  • 5 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      As I have usual habit of hating overcards much, so I would call it, because flop seems rather dry and I'll better stick to safe side. I don't wanna inflate the pot, because I don't see worse hands playing along me usually, but folding with just one overcard on board seems just a bit weak after single donk. So later streets depends on action and bet sizes, but usually I'm playing this passive. If board was more coordinated I may raise the flop as he could have some kind of draws, but this board offers just a few gutshots.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would call him down with QQ here. Even uber fish sometimes flop top pair and need to get paid off, but a fold isn't recommended here imo and neither the flop raise.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      The reason I raised the flop was due to the small amount of his bet, it just looked like he didn't value his hand. But noted and thanks yet again.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Well, that's true - bad players may even donk out with no hand at all, so you may raise, but you will push him off any air and he will keep with anything else and this donk bet on this board just looks like value donk. So overall the way you played IMHO is can't be marked as "never play like this", but I just see it different.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you played it fine.
      I also like flop raise, since often he doesn´t have anything or he can easily b/c there with worse hands than yours
      check back turn and calling river bet are fine
      Don´t expect to be ahead that often but getting that odds you also can´t fold