Letmewinplz8's MTT(sng) battle

• letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Hi there. This is like my 3rd blog attempt - I got bored of every other one and just didnt update them but this time I am really going to try to update it regularly.

I am an 18 year old from England who currently does nothing (waiting to go to uni in october to study maths). I am currently playing SnGs. At the moment I'm playing $6 turbos on FT but I fear for the losing streak atm I shall have to drop down soon :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Will it ever end? :s_biggrin:

I am always up for like any kind of sweat sessions/study things that people are doing. My skype is amplifyd.
  • 10 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Ok so I took a days break and all I can say is that it helped me a lot and I came back today feeling refreshed.

Since I did not have 100Bi for the 6s anymore, but did so for the 5$ normals I decided to play those for a while. I used to play cash and was a winner and so I am better than most of the SnG pool at postflop but also you can wait for better spots and if you lose a big pot you can fairly often make a comeback but the same cannot be said in turbos. Therefore I am going to play these for a few 100 games.

Variance and its effect on my mindset is also quite a big thing to me too atm. So because the $5 normals obviously have less variance, since our expected ROI is bigger - I feel like they are a good game to play whilst I improve my ICM and endgame and also my mindset.

Here is the graph for todays $5 attempts :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

On a sidenote, I hope to play in some of the minftop events that will occur next month. Since (if you include my MB balance) my BR is about $1k I won't be rolled for many of the events but I have decided that for every 100$ i profit between now and then I will set aside $20 for shots at some tournaments and Im also going to use my FTP balance (currently 7k) to buy some tickets.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Since I keep losing at the $6 games - and my EV line is only showing me to be breakeven after 350 games I have really decided to stricten up on my studying. Each day I will only play around 3 sets of 9 SnGs to make sure I get enough points for ironman but I will ensure that I review every single SnG I play - both in SnGWiz and from posting in the hand evaulation forum.

Also I will strive to watch at least one video a day (I have a deucescracked membership - anyone got any good reccomendations for a micro sngplayer such as myself?). I will also use the resources here on pokerstrategy.

I get really lazy in actually studying and to be perfectly honest in the last week or so my study has been nonexistent although it is the most important time to study (when losing).

I only have around 2 months until I have to go back to uni but I really hope I can make a good dint into becoming a much better SnG player than I am at current.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Nice blog!... And normal sng's >>> turbo sng's !!! lol :D
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      So today I studied a lot harder - spending a lot of time using SnGwiz to review my hands but also the quiz function. Also posted in the hand evaluation forum a bit. I will try to do this everyday. I haven't watched a video yet but I do plan to do so before I go to sleep.

Playing wise, i decided to play some $2 turbos to start with which went okay and I made a smallish profit. Since I still have 100BI for the $5 normals I decided I would play those a bit (since I've always done ok at them) and I made a nice profit with a 40% ROI over 25sngs. Obviously a heater but its welcomed after all that time spent under EV the past week :P
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Haven't updated in a few days. At the moment I think my game is definetly alot better than it was a few weeks ago - well maybe not so much my game but the way i am playing - I am forcing myself to ask "why" when i make a decision and I think it is helping a lot. Also the hand evaluation forums have helped a lot.

Been playing mainly $5 normal sngs and today I tried a few 45 man $1 and $5 just registering for every one for a hour or so.

Here is my graph for the past few days :

I got >100BI for the $6 turbos now but I think for now I'm just going to grind normal speed $5 and maybe some more 45 mans.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Ok so today played a 11 hour mtt session. Pretty disappointed at the volume of mtts but then again they were mostly non turbo structure so I can expect my ROI to be higher as compromise. Ran pretty well in the 5/45s but got sucked out on in some 2/180s and I went deep in a few rebuys/deepstacks but always seemed to get coolered on for the 200BB pots in late stages - thats MTTs tho I guess. Here is the graph :

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      you having a hard time sticking to one game eh? :D it's all good as your having fun tho :D
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      you having a hard time sticking to one game eh? :D it's all good as your having fun tho :D
      Yeah - its bad that isn't it? :P
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Ok so I ran rly good today. Lots of $5 45m cashes and wins - and a deep run in a $2 rebuy. I tried an ambitious squeeze though and it didn't work :P

In the hand MP was stealing a lot and CO is just random fish.

Stacks:
      UTG (57k)
      UTG+1 (114k)
      MP (58k)
      CO (40k)
      BTN (115k)
      Hero (69k)
      BB (102k)

Blinds: 1.5k/3k Ante 400

Pre-Flop: (7.3k, 7 players) Hero is SB 3:spade: 4:spade:
      2 folds, MP raises to 7.5k, CO calls 7.5k, 1 fold, Hero goes all-in 69k, 1 fold, MP folds, CO calls 32k

Flop: 7:heart: 2:spade: 8:club: (121k, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 2:club: (121k, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: Q:diamond: (121k, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: 121k
      CO shows
      5:club: 5:diamond:
      Hero shows
      3:spade: 4:spade:

CO wins 92k (net +52k)

Hero collects 29k (net -40k)
      MP lost 7.9k

Anyway here is the graph for the past few days :

• letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      Ok so haven't posted in here for quite a while.

Not much as really happened since last update - haven't played too much just been sorting out uni stuff (going to manchester next month to study mathematics) and going out with friends for a bit of a break. Just recently tho I started to play a bit more and have had lots of sucess in the 45m's but played some mtts and cash so my BR hasn't actually progressed at all.

Decided to not play as many mtts though - just a couple of rebuys and 180m when I feel like mixing them in.

Here is graph for my months 45m's tho - its a mix of $1 and $5 but I'm quite pleased. Just want to get like a 1-2k sample so I know for sure I am beating them.