[NL2-NL10] TT overpair in 3-bet pot

• steven5656
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB raises to $1.10, BB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.3) 2, 7, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.09, Hero calls $1.09.

Turn: ($4.48) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.48) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.13, Hero calls $2.13.

Final Pot: $8.74.

Villain was 3-betting about 10% from the blinds and possibly more vs me as I was very loes from late position so I call with tens. On the river is my call correct? Its hard to tell what he is checking the turn with and betting the river.
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      I may question preflop play, but can't really decide is the 4betting/folding an option here. Thoughts?
      Flop & turn is fine. River bet is strange, he may put you on draw and he may have some 9x hands in his range, and unless he's really aggro I think it's often going to be a vbet as you called the flop, and he may have waited for you to bet turn to c/r you. When you checked back he just made a 1/2 pot bet to allow you call with marginal holdings. If board was rainbow I would trust this my story even more.
      But I may be cpmpletely wrong with my path here. :)
    • steven5656
      Well pre flop i didn't want to 4 bet as I would be turning my hand into a bluff as villians 5bet range is probably QQ+ and AK+ as i had not been 4-betting him a lot. I would rather 4-bet here with Ax or Kx. Im not too sure but I think calling is ok considering the amount of bluffs he has in his range. On the river here it does kinda look like a failed check raise with an overpair or set but it could possibly be a bluff with air to make me fold Ak or Aq I guess.
    • EmanuelC16
      You say he is loose so I think the call is correct if you have seen him bluff sometimes.

Personally I would take a r/f fold flop line because there are a huge numbers of cards I don't want to see coming and he's not gonna push AQ+, KQ into me that often if ever. But here the turn isn't that bad and he made the river call cheap enough. I would expect most of the times to see them barrel like crazy that's why I suggest the r/f line. Maybe it's just something that works on Rush or is just working atm and that will change.

Hope it helps!
    • Kaitz20
      you can play it that way and take safe calldown mode
      Against player who has 3-bet me a lot I´d also happy to 4-bet and call shove or play my overpair aggressively postflop
      Meaning I´d raise small on the flop and hope he shoves with worse hands, since TT against his range is just too good and I don´t want to see overcards where he is likely barreling again and I don´t know what to do with my tens