This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TT overpair in 3-bet pot

• steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.72
      SB:
      $10.05
      BB:
      $10.15
      MP2:
      $10.60
      MP3:
      $38.37
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB raises to $1.10, BB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.3) 2, 7, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.09, Hero calls $1.09.

Turn: ($4.48) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.48) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.13, Hero calls $2.13.

Final Pot: $8.74.

Villain was 3-betting about 10% from the blinds and possibly more vs me as I was very loes from late position so I call with tens. On the river is my call correct? Its hard to tell what he is checking the turn with and betting the river.
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I may question preflop play, but can't really decide is the 4betting/folding an option here. Thoughts?
      Flop & turn is fine. River bet is strange, he may put you on draw and he may have some 9x hands in his range, and unless he's really aggro I think it's often going to be a vbet as you called the flop, and he may have waited for you to bet turn to c/r you. When you checked back he just made a 1/2 pot bet to allow you call with marginal holdings. If board was rainbow I would trust this my story even more.
      But I may be cpmpletely wrong with my path here. :)
    • steven5656
      steven5656
      Bronze
      Well pre flop i didn't want to 4 bet as I would be turning my hand into a bluff as villians 5bet range is probably QQ+ and AK+ as i had not been 4-betting him a lot. I would rather 4-bet here with Ax or Kx. Im not too sure but I think calling is ok considering the amount of bluffs he has in his range. On the river here it does kinda look like a failed check raise with an overpair or set but it could possibly be a bluff with air to make me fold Ak or Aq I guess.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You say he is loose so I think the call is correct if you have seen him bluff sometimes.

Personally I would take a r/f fold flop line because there are a huge numbers of cards I don't want to see coming and he's not gonna push AQ+, KQ into me that often if ever. But here the turn isn't that bad and he made the river call cheap enough. I would expect most of the times to see them barrel like crazy that's why I suggest the r/f line. Maybe it's just something that works on Rush or is just working atm and that will change.

Hope it helps!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you can play it that way and take safe calldown mode
      Against player who has 3-bet me a lot I´d also happy to 4-bet and call shove or play my overpair aggressively postflop
      Meaning I´d raise small on the flop and hope he shoves with worse hands, since TT against his range is just too good and I don´t want to see overcards where he is likely barreling again and I don´t know what to do with my tens