[NL2-NL10] Nl 5 Aq

• Geropy
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.17, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.17, CO folds, Hero calls $0.17, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.58) A, 8, 9 (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.40, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.38) 2 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05.

River: ($3.48) 2 (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.56, Hero calls $1.56.

Final Pot: $6.6.

Did I play too passive? After his turn bet, I had him on a range AK-AJ or AA-QQ. I don't think I could have folded on any street, especially after the 3rd diamond, but maybe I should have raised on flop or turn to see where I stood? The villain was unkown at this point
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      As played I think it's fine.

What I would do is 3bet preflop and go from there.

Oh, and folding AQo here pre isn't a disaster play as standard UTG range beats you, but given that villain is unknown and it's NL5 he may just be a loose fish.
    • Duudalinja
      Seems fine to me, he may be betting worse hands here, like AJ/AT if he's loose enough to open UTG with them. But still it should be fine as on turn you have flush draw and river bet just gives you too good odds.
      With raising I think you just scare away any worse hands that could bet and he keeps playing with best of his range. You may try to turn your hand into bluff by raising turn/betting river and repping flush, but I think you have enough equity to just leave it as it is.
      And I think all 3 options pre are possible depending on opps.
    • Kaitz20
      I think calldown is very reasonable there
      Only reason to shove turn is make him fold AK and if you´re not sure he is capable doing that then better just call down and hope he is either bluffing or has worse Ax that he is betting for value