Most unlucky ever?

    • SarahLorne
      SarahLorne
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.07.2010 Posts: 4
      I started with $30. I lost everything in two days. I must be the most unlucky poker player in the world:

      I got A K against K J. He goes all in, what other choice do I have to go all-in? The turn? A damn J!!!!!!

      I got KK he has QQ. I go all-in. The flop is K Q. What do you think the river is? Yep, a queen.

      I got A8s, he has 56s (heart). The flop is 7 of heart, 8 of heart, 10 of spades. The turn is K of heart. I go all-in. He does as well. The river? A FUCKING 9 of HEART. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

      This happened again and again, in omaha hi: I had A A K J, he has 6 7. Flop is 9 10 A. I raise, the turn is a 8. I go all-in, he follows. The river? A fucking FIVE.

      I'm sick, sick, sick, SICK of it. I'm getting owned no matter what, all the time.

      My question is: at this point, is it even worth continuing? Should I just give up now

      I'm still so @£¤@£ pissed. Advice from veterans appreciated!!
  • 18 replies
    • kocke1
      kocke1
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.10.2009 Posts: 2,837
      Try follow better BRM, not uncommon to lose 4 80%-20% in a row, happens to me all the time.
    • SarahLorne
      SarahLorne
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.07.2010 Posts: 4
      Originally posted by kocke1
      Try follow better BRM, not uncommon to lose 4 80%-20% in a row, happens to me all the time.
      I feel disgusted right now. I just applied for the $50 free from PS. I don't think I'll get it ( free $50?? really??????) but if I do it's really awesome. I don't feel like depositing more money after getting owned so bad :$.

      I'm reading a few ebooks on poker right now. I was an average player at best before. Funny story: I paid for some poker classes.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.10.2007 Posts: 19,324
      Originally posted by SarahLorne
      This happened again and again, in omaha hi: I had A A K J, he has 6 7. Flop is 9 10 A. I raise, the turn is a 8. I go all-in, he follows. The river? A fucking FIVE.
      A 5card straight is all you need to beat a set in omaha.
    • Emby22
      Emby22
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.03.2010 Posts: 11
      Originally posted by SarahLorne
      I got A8s, he has 56s (heart). The flop is 7 of heart, 8 of heart, 10 of spades. The turn is K of heart. I go all-in. He does as well. The river? A FUCKING 9 of HEART. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

      This happened again and again, in omaha hi: I had A A K J, he has 6 7. Flop is 9 10 A. I raise, the turn is a 8. I go all-in, he follows. The river? A fucking FIVE.
      in the first hand you can't have the 8 of hearts since it's already on the board. you either had another kicker for your ace, if it was suited, or a8o with the ace of hearts. first case you really were unlucky but nobody is going to fold the flush in fear of a better flush there. second case you were beat when you went all in, and hit the only heart bad for you.

      in the second hand you were beat when you went all in. you had top set and a gutshot to the nut straight vs his straight (6 to 10). you could only for a queen or for the board to pair.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      PS will be lucky to have you
    • phamhai1994
      phamhai1994
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.07.2010 Posts: 17
      In my life, there was a time i very disappointed. That time, i had A J. The flop brought 10 Q K. So i had a super straigh.I went all-in. Next, 5 was on the table. I was very happy and think 100% i won. Do you know ? The river .... brought 2 cards. This mean is there were ... 6 cards on the table. The player who call me win because "the last river" :) ) is 10 :club: and he had a flush. I ask him why the flop had brought 6 card, he said "You don't know rule ?" =) . LOL. I play texas hold'em and i have NEVER seen 6 card on the table.

      Your fact is simple. Try to think, he has 56, flop bring 7 8 10. This mean is his odd to complete a flush is 9/47. Moreover, maybe there is a 5 or 9 on table. So his odd to complete a flush or straigh is 9 + 4 (4 card 4) + 4 (4 card 9) = 17/47 <=> 37% win !! It's not small .
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.04.2010 Posts: 502
      Dude... this happens from time to time. I had an awesome upswing for some days and, then, all of a sudden... shit happened. I had an ace-high flush and the donk hit a full house. I FLOPPED a full house and a fish rivered QUADS. I had a set, someone had an overset. I shoved with AK, somebody won with air by the river.

      It just had to happen, though I did not make wrong decisions. When those events happen due to the flip of the cards,out of your control or without your interference, it is just bad luck and you go through it. If it is a result of bad decisions, you have to analyse your game and come up with a solution.

      PS: After this damn streak I stop playing for some 4 days and only then came back to the tables. :s_biggrin:
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.06.2010 Posts: 121
      You dont understand one thing: 5% chance is NOT 0% chance! it IS possible to win with 5% chance too. Not everytime, but FEW times in a row. I always see people angry when they lose with AA for example in preflop allin. They really dont understand that they HAVENT 100% chance, and they always think that they are most unlucky people for whole life.

      Be sure that if u keep playing RIGHT (maybe with some pause if u are about to going to tilt, or maybe when its really temporary unluck) and make right decision (statistically), in long run you WILL profit. Poker is not about hand, but about thousands of hands (if u wanna profit and not to gamble)

      Be happy for every fish who calls you with less than 20% chance. Dont look at result, everytime play statistically right, and you will win 80% hands, that IS profit. Because of that you need some bankroll management.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.03.2009 Posts: 2,206
      Originally posted by scscpoker
      You dont understand one thing: 5% chance is NOT 0% chance! it IS possible to win with 5% chance too. Not everytime, but FEW times in a row. I always see people angry when they lose with AA for example in preflop allin. They really dont understand that they HAVENT 100% chance, and they always think that they are most unlucky people for whole life.

      Be sure that if u keep playing RIGHT (maybe with some pause if u are about to going to tilt, or maybe when its really temporary unluck) and make right decision (statistically), in long run you WILL profit. Poker is not about hand, but about thousands of hands (if u wanna profit and not to gamble)

      Be happy for every fish who calls you with less than 20% chance. Dont look at result, everytime play statistically right, and you will win 80% hands, that IS profit. Because of that you need some bankroll management.
      :f_thumbsup: Excellent post sir/madam.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.03.2009 Posts: 456
      Originally posted by phamhai1994
      In my life, there was a time i very disappointed. That time, i had A J. The flop brought 10 Q K. So i had a super straigh.I went all-in. Next, 5 was on the table. I was very happy and think 100% i won. Do you know ? The river .... brought 2 cards. This mean is there were ... 6 cards on the table. The player who call me win because "the last river" :) ) is 10 :club: and he had a flush. I ask him why the flop had brought 6 card, he said "You don't know rule ?" =) . LOL. I play texas hold'em and i have NEVER seen 6 card on the table.

      Your fact is simple. Try to think, he has 56, flop bring 7 8 10. This mean is his odd to complete a flush is 9/47. Moreover, maybe there is a 5 or 9 on table. So his odd to complete a flush or straigh is 9 + 4 (4 card 4) + 4 (4 card 9) = 17/47 <=> 37% win !! It's not small .
      cant understand a word ur saying xD
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.04.2011 Posts: 711
      Unluckiest player ever would be someone who loses when 100% fave. Everything else has happened before
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      Fuck this list, OP is confirmed to be the unluckiest person ever
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.03.2011 Posts: 474
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Fuck this list, OP is confirmed to be the unluckiest person ever
      Holy shit! Number 1 is absolutely mind-blowing,SERIOUSLY WATTAFACK?
      Number 4 is tear-bringing epicness and number 7 is also mindsplode. #2 should make a mindset book.

      But the guy hit by lightning in his tombstone after suffering the same accident 3 times during his lifetime? I'm speechless,it's so...ughhh....

      Thanks for the link :)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      Originally posted by furculision
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Fuck this list, OP is confirmed to be the unluckiest person ever
      Holy shit! Number 1 is absolutely mind-blowing,SERIOUSLY WATTAFACK?
      Number 4 is tear-bringing epicness and number 7 is also mindsplode. #2 should make a mindset book.

      But the guy hit by lightning in his tombstone after suffering the same accident 3 times during his lifetime? I'm speechless,it's so...ughhh....

      Thanks for the link :)
      I agree that some of those are pretty sick/epic.. But i still dont know why Tsutomu Yamaguchi didnt make the list - he's the only person to have survived both bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki..
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.03.2011 Posts: 474
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Originally posted by furculision
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Fuck this list, OP is confirmed to be the unluckiest person ever
      Holy shit! Number 1 is absolutely mind-blowing,SERIOUSLY WATTAFACK?
      Number 4 is tear-bringing epicness and number 7 is also mindsplode. #2 should make a mindset book.

      But the guy hit by lightning in his tombstone after suffering the same accident 3 times during his lifetime? I'm speechless,it's so...ughhh....

      Thanks for the link :)
      I agree that some of those are pretty sick/epic.. But i still dont know why Tsutomu Yamaguchi didnt make the list - he's the only person to have survived both bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki..
      read the story.wow.does it get more baller than that?



      lol too soon?
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.07.2011 Posts: 712
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Fuck this list, OP is confirmed to be the unluckiest person ever
      Number 4 is just out of this world,

      "The following year, while traveling from Zagreb to Rijeka when the door blew away from the cockpit, forcing him out of the plane. Although 19 others were killed, he suffered only minor injuries and had miraculously landed in a haystack. "

      Let me get this right,he fell out of a plane and landed safely on a haystack.Have i actually just read this correctly?
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2010 Posts: 7,291
      The last one is kinda lol.. "Some years later, however, Ziegland decided to cut down the large tree, which still had the bullet in it. The task seemed so formidable that he decided to blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite. The explosion propelled the bullet into Ziegland's head, killing him."
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.07.2011 Posts: 712
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      The last one is kinda lol.. "Some years later, however, Ziegland decided to cut down the large tree, which still had the bullet in it. The task seemed so formidable that he decided to blow it up with a few sticks of dynamite. The explosion propelled the bullet into Ziegland's head, killing him."
      I have to admit i had a little giggle at that one alright.On top of that the guy who had tried to kill him in the first place committed suicide because he thought he had murdered the original guy.

      It's like a comedy sketch or a really bad movie.Cool link though.I have read similar stories before.Will try find link if i can but one of the stories was about a guy who drove off a cliff,fell out the window and managed to grab a branch or something on the way down.

      I might keep that link open when playing poker Alficor1 so when bad luck is a factor i will just read that page and think my life ain't that unlucky ;)