How to Play 9's , 10's and Jack's

• garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      I always wondered about these kind of hands. If I raise pre flop and get re raised. I sometimes think, I'll call and see the flop....
      But besides hitting a set, is this not a terrible move?

Suppose I'm up against AK. If I shove pre flop I'm in a coin flip. If I wait until the flop, and It's all low cards, I shove, they fold, and I win their raise.

Suppose they have a bigger pair. If I Shove pre flop, I'm getting called and I lose, If I wait until a low flop to shove, I'm still getting called and lose.

Judging by this, you have to shove pre flop, as your only getting called if your beat on the flop.

How do you people play them?. If I call and see a low flop, I feel inclined to shove(or call a shove).

Would I be right in saying pocket pairs lower than queens have to be folded unless you hit a set?
  • 3 replies
    • tott007
      tott007
      Bronze
      Awesome post!!!!

I have the same problem. Sometimes I 3bet to see where I stand and then I'm in a coin flip, If I get called I'm always laying down when there are over pairs on the board, if its a low flop I Cbet and am only gonna get called or raised by an overpair or a set. Would love some advice on what the pro's think is the best strategy for these medium strength pocket pair??? Would be much appreciated and would make/save me some money. Whats that old saying "hows the best way to play pocket Jacks pre-flop? Fold :P "
    • garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      Yeh Jacks are the worst , I hope somebody writes back about it. I might just stop playing them all together.
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      there are three ways to play pocket Jacks, and all of them are wrong.