[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK vs 13/5 Villain

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Villain was a solid 13/5 over 400 hands.
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($2.27)
      UTG+1 ($0.70)
      MP1 ($0.70)
      MP2 ($0.92)
      CO ($2.27)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($2.08)
      Hero (BB) ($2.26)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      1 fold, UTG+1 checks, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, CO bets $0.13, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.34, 3 folds, CO calls $0.21

Flop: ($0.75) J, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, CO calls $0.56

Turn: ($1.87) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.31, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.87 | Rake: $0.12

Did I play this right? Should I just went AI because I was almost pot commited?
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I don't think you are pot commited on turn and you can easily fold.
      Overall seems ok as against 13/5 we're not look for way to screw around, but I may even play this without 3betting, because he plays and raises so few hands pre. Against a bit looser opp it would be totally fine.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I like the way you played it. I don't think I'd do anything different against tight player with no other reads. Nh.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you think he is not folding enough postflop then just c/f flop if you miss or bet with really dry boards like 224
      I think c/f turn is better, since although he has there sometimes draws he is not usually folding there any kind of pair
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      if you think he is not folding enough postflop then just c/f flop if you miss or bet with really dry boards like 224
      I think c/f turn is better, since although he has there sometimes draws he is not usually folding there any kind of pair
      Hi Kaitz, I just had a small question about cbetting with AK, I usually do it 90% of the time against any player to try to grab the pot...That is wrong on flop like this one I am correct?
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      Against such a tight villain that's not a good flop to cbet your AK - just play for value you overpairs and c/f AK. That's because he won't have garbage like K9s here, he'll have pairs most of the times, which he won't fold to a cbet, because the flop is not good for a pf 3bettor (no A/K there).

As played, c/f turn is just fine.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi Kaitz, I just had a small question about cbetting with AK, I usually do it 90% of the time against any player to try to grab the pot...That is wrong on flop like this one I am correct?
      Continuing aggression is always good
      And especially against passive players who can´t stand heat or stack off with one pair hands. I think you can also c-bet that board if player is passive and you think he might fold there pp-s and he should also fold AK/AQ. So i like your play