This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AK vs 13/5 Villain

• stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Villain was a solid 13/5 over 400 hands.
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($2.27)
      UTG+1 ($0.70)
      MP1 ($0.70)
      MP2 ($0.92)
      CO ($2.27)
      Button ($2)
      SB ($2.08)
      Hero (BB) ($2.26)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
      1 fold, UTG+1 checks, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, CO bets $0.13, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.34, 3 folds, CO calls $0.21

Flop: ($0.75) J, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, CO calls $0.56

Turn: ($1.87) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.31, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.87 | Rake: $0.12

Did I play this right? Should I just went AI because I was almost pot commited?
  • 6 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      I don't think you are pot commited on turn and you can easily fold.
      Overall seems ok as against 13/5 we're not look for way to screw around, but I may even play this without 3betting, because he plays and raises so few hands pre. Against a bit looser opp it would be totally fine.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I like the way you played it. I don't think I'd do anything different against tight player with no other reads. Nh.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if you think he is not folding enough postflop then just c/f flop if you miss or bet with really dry boards like 224
      I think c/f turn is better, since although he has there sometimes draws he is not usually folding there any kind of pair
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      if you think he is not folding enough postflop then just c/f flop if you miss or bet with really dry boards like 224
      I think c/f turn is better, since although he has there sometimes draws he is not usually folding there any kind of pair
      Hi Kaitz, I just had a small question about cbetting with AK, I usually do it 90% of the time against any player to try to grab the pot...That is wrong on flop like this one I am correct?
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      Against such a tight villain that's not a good flop to cbet your AK - just play for value you overpairs and c/f AK. That's because he won't have garbage like K9s here, he'll have pairs most of the times, which he won't fold to a cbet, because the flop is not good for a pf 3bettor (no A/K there).

As played, c/f turn is just fine.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stevegold87
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi Kaitz, I just had a small question about cbetting with AK, I usually do it 90% of the time against any player to try to grab the pot...That is wrong on flop like this one I am correct?
      Continuing aggression is always good
      And especially against passive players who can´t stand heat or stack off with one pair hands. I think you can also c-bet that board if player is passive and you think he might fold there pp-s and he should also fold AK/AQ. So i like your play