Another Pokerblog - starting with 50$

• BalticCrew
      Hello everybody,

This is my first Pokerblog on this site. It is mainly to show my progress and to improve my game. I hope I find much support in the community.

Something to my person,
      My name is Ray, coming from Germany. I'm a student and hope to improve my English with this blog as well.

So enoungh from me ;)

I play at Partypoker and haven't found the right game for me now. Cash game seems to be quite tough and SNG too fishy. Too fishy? yeah really. Often it is pushing the better hand and getting called with a bad hand and get sucked out. Everyone tells us "longterm we will win against such oponents" but I haven't the time to play so many hands. I use the ICM trainer and that stuff to improve my game but I don't make any progress.

So I need your advices.
      - What kind of game should I play, to make profit?
      - What kind of bankroll management should I use?

Baltic :spade:
  • 1 reply
    • BalticCrew
      I changed from Party Poker to FullTilt and manged throughout several bonuses to bring my Bankroll to 209$ actually... I decided to play SNG's and it went quite profitable but then happened the Doomswith =(
      I'm not sure whether I'm playing bad or having a downswing.
      I play the 1,2$ Turbos. I'm starting tight and waiting for good hands but nearly all those hands get cracked =(, in the late game, if I have just 10-12 BB left I play push or fold. The problem is my opponent wake up with monsters or I lose against flips or get sucked out....
      One of my favorite hands the last days:

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q ♠, Q ♦
      SB raises 960 to 1200,
      Hero raises 2220 to 3420 ( (AI)), SB calls

Flop: (6840) 7 ♥, 6 ♥, 4 ♣

Turn: (6840) A ♣

River: (6840) Q ♣

Final Pot: 6840

Results follow:
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Q ♠, Q ♦) → (Q ♣, Q ♠, Q ♦, 7 ♥, A ♣)
      SB shows a flush, ace high (T ♣, 9 ♣) → (A ♣, Q ♣, T ♣, 9 ♣, 4 ♣)

SB wins 6840 with a flush, ace high (T ♣, 9 ♣) → (A ♣, Q ♣, T ♣, 9 ♣, 4 ♣)

I'm not complaining about his call, but about the runner runner flush, and all those things happen allover again. They hitting sets on the river and things like that...

So do you have ideas how to get over this downswing or any tips to survive the micros? My strategy for the next days will be: no poker, some strategy articles, and rebuilding mindset.

My goal is to reach the 5$ Sng's on FullTilt. So if u have any ideas or free coachings for me ;) that would be fine =)

I hope u can help.