[NL2-NL10] NL 25 full house

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi, I´m back:)

Don´t know how to play next hand.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $12.77
      BU:
      $4.91
      UTG+2:
      $7.16
      Hero:
      $5.65
      SB:
      $30.67
      BB:
      $5.22

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, CO folds, BU calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 3:club: , J:diamond: , T:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.50) J:club: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.50) 9:spade: (6 players)
      SB bets $1, BB calls $1.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, BU folds, SB calls $1.00, BB calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $7.50

Didn´t want to raise from MP3 against two limpers, so I called for set value. Hit my full house on the river, SB bet out and BB coldcalled him, so I afraid already higher full house:D Anyway calling is just too weak, so I decided to min-reraise. SB called and BB got very good odds to call. If I would have raised smt like 3$, maybe both of them would have fold. Pushing doesn´t make any sense to me:)
  • 5 replies
    • Middelemiel
      Middelemiel
      Bronze
      1. You can't call for set value with SSS. You don't have enough implied odds to play for set value most of the time.

2. What about raising pre-flop?

3. What about NOT min-raising the river, but raise all-in? I think your EV is maximal when pushing allin, not just minraise...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Why I can´t call with pocket pairs? If none doesn´t re-raise then I get good enough implied odds. As I said, dont wan´t to raise 1,5$ only with 99. What hand will call my push on the river? Min-re-raise is good because I give them very good pot odds to call with Jx or T, 9 x
    • Middelemiel
      Middelemiel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Why I can´t call with pocket pairs? If none doesn´t re-raise then I get good enough implied odds. As I said, dont wan´t to raise 1,5$ only with 99. What hand will call my push on the river? Min-re-raise is good because I give them very good pot odds to call with Jx or T, 9 x
      Okay the implied odds LOOK good. But do you think you will get paid off everytime you hit your set? Keep on dreaming.. You just won't. So the implied odds aren't good enough, although they seem good enough.

If you don't want to raise, just fold then. You gotta play aggressive or you don't want to play...

Well, about the river call. If they have Jx they're gonna call anyway, if you push or if you minraise. Just maximize your EV by pushing. The T or 9 hands will fold to a minraise as well, or they would've also called a push. Minraising is just bad here, it reduces your EV a lot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against two limpers, and BB my odds look very good. Also I´m not under 20BB. It is my decision if I want to play them aggressively, limp or fold. They way I´m playing isn´t 100% SSS. I can easily fold JJ and AK, if tight BSS (thanks to PS I also have now Pokerace: and stats)) raises or re-raises. There is no point going broke and stick only SHC. And I´m going to limp my pocketpairs until Pokertracker shows that it is -EV game.

Jx would bet out flop and turn. There are very few players who would check twice with their trips on 3 handed game. Only hand that might consider calling is straight but any reasonable player would fold his straight to my push. Can´t see +EV here.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Preflop I would either raise here with my 99 or fold them, since their are 4 players behind me who can raise and then I have to fold my hand.

On the River I would raise to at least $4 here. A Straight will call you nearly any time here on that limit.