Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero ($12.51)
      BTN ($9.85)
      SB ($10.52)
      BB ($5.65)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is CO K:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: 8:spade: A:club: 5:club: ($0.70, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: 10:club: ($2.10, 2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero ???

Opp: 21/17/2.7/33 [VPIP/PFR/AF/donk F] over 310 hands
      Overall he made a impression of more or less reasonable player.

Pre: Standard.

Flop: Here I was thinking about raising against FD, but he made pot bet and it didn't seem like standard to him, so I decided to call in case he's betting Ax, but with intention to give up against strong offensive.

Turn: Can I handle two pot bets? As far I as thought - no. Flush came, but I was thinking about he having 88/55 or any other two pair+ combo as he bet just instantly, without any hesitation.

Opinions? :)
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, 88 and 55 really plausible. That is the prefect flop for him to donk a set. You raised pre, it's ace high, there's a good chance you have TPGK, here you actually have TPTK and it would be hard the get away from. I don't really think he lead out pot on FD, but nevertheless, that beats you now. Good fold imo...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think folding turn is fine, unless you have some kind of reads he just decides to bluff with random hands
      He likely has there two pair+ when he takes that line
    • prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      well, isn't it possible that this donk bet suggest weakness here? If villain is rly a resonable player then he possibly knows that this board is an ideal candidate to c-bet... He can be pretty sure that hero won't check. So if he rly has a set then i think a check/raise would be a much better play for him. So in this situation i would raise this donk bet and see what's developing OTT.
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Hello, Just wanted to add that betting time online doesn't really matter IMO. I could be wrong but it just depends on which table he is looking at that time and it probably happened to be your table.
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      You really have to raise the flop. The texture is perfect for him to wait for you to cbet, as you're always representing the ace, weather you actually have it or not. So why would he bet with nut hands?

More than that, his donk freq is 33% over 300+ hands. That's NOT how a "reasonable" player would have this stat, it's way way higher that it should be. The logical conclusion is that he's doing it with a lot of feeler donk bets.

For example, if I'm the donk here and I have 44, why wouldn't I donk the flop knowing that you're almost always folding if you don't have the ace? Which is more often than not, as there are more PFR hands without an ace than with an ace. I'm not saying it's correct of him to donk - might be, might not, depending on a lot of things. But the point is he's doing it with soooo many hands that you can't let him draw to his flush draw that cheaply (and you can bet he'll have a FD in his donking range).

As for turn, after failing to raise the turn, it's close. I would call once I guess and reevaluate river, as it's a perfect bluffing opportunity for him. Granted, sometimes he really does have it, but the question is does he have it often enough to justify a fold? Nope, in my opinion.

So raise flop, call turn, re-evaluate river if he keeps betting, check back otherwise.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      If he wanted to draw cheaply, he wouldn't pot donk as it's a lot cheaper to c/c cbet and if he believes I have an A, I would continue betting turn as well so he won't loose much. If the turn was blank I may call it, but still it's not usually way to bluff - bet potsize twice on board that hits opps range a lot. Ofc I'm putting him on really narrow range, but as I didn't see him bluffing and making spazzy moves with trash, I just tend to play safe here.