This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 KQ SD

• Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.64)
      CO ($2.35)
      BTN ($17.64)
      Hero ($15.19)
      BB ($15.44)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB K:club: Q:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 10:heart: 4:heart: J:spade: ($0.60, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: 5:club: ($1.40, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BB calls $1.10

River: 3:spade: ($3.60, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.80, Hero folds

Opp: unknown

Nothing much to add here, but I'm interested to hear what would you do different here if you would?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I usually fire 3 bullets :D . And the 3rd is big caliber, like 3/4 of the pot. But given that he is unknown I think you shouldn't even bet the turn if you are not gonna fire the 3rd one on a blank. Just my 2 cents...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      reason for firing 3rd barrel is to make him fold tx and weaker hands
      not sure he´d fold there Jx, but maybe he does
      And also if he had draws himself he should also fold them
    • AmAsu
      AmAsu
      Basic
      This may sound like heresy, but I'm not even sure I want to cbet that flop a lot.. When you're cbetting (as a bluff or semibluff) you're thinking "fold, you villains". So the flop has to help you in the regard - not necessarely help your hand, but NOT help them. And a 2 tone flop with a T and a J in it is NOT one where you're gonna get a lot of folds, as it's soooo much a better flop for a pf caller than a pf raiser (most of the times, anyway..)

C/c flop and re-evaluate turn.

As played I think I'd overbet it. Not something very wise, generally, but here it's clear he either has a weak made hand (T/J) or a busted draw, neither of which can really call a 2x overbet. So put him to the test and learn afterwards :)