[NL2-NL10] Best way to play for maximum return?

• lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      Having flopped the full house, I had no idea what to do to make the most money. I decided not to bet on the turn because I know I would never call a bet like that, but looking back perhaps I should have made a contibet, and it may have just looked like a contibet bluff and encouraged a call.

Having both checked the river and seeing another K fall, I decided to bet in the hope he called pre-flop with Kx and had just made trips (I guessed if he had an ace he'd have bet the flop). Was I right to bet here, or should I have checked again and hoped he hit something on the river?

Also, what size bet should I have made? All I'm sure of is that I'm not happy with only making 10BB when I flopped aces full of kings!

Everest - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 10 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $7.80
      Hero (SB): $2.13
      BB: $1.80
      UTG: $7.55
      UTG+1: $10.00
      MP: $9.85
      MP+1: $9.80
      MP+2: $4.90
      LP: $3.94
      CO: $10.22

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, CO calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.10, 2 players) K:heart: A:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.10, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.75, fold

Hero wins $1.04
  • 2 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lollujo
      Having flopped the full house, I had no idea what to do to make the most money. I decided not to bet on the turn because I know I would never call a bet like that, but looking back perhaps I should have made a contibet, and it may have just looked like a contibet bluff and encouraged a call.
      I would just bet out the flop with 2/3 PSB since it looks weaker than a check :)

It's often hard to extract much value from the nuts :) . Ow you made only 5.5xbb :f_frown:

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey lollujo,

Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Originally posted by lollujo
      I would just bet out the flop with 2/3 PSB since it looks weaker than a check :)

It's often hard to extract much value from the nuts :) . Ow you made only 5.5xbb :f_frown:

T.
      +1

When you flop FH+ it's usually very hard to get any value since most likely your opponent has missed the flop. When your opponent is semi to very aggressive you can try to trap by playing check/call, but against most lower limit players it's best to just c-bet flop and pray to pokergods that villain has hit something and will call you down.

Regards,
      burek2000