PP Micro Stakes - Turbo only??

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've registered at PP, got the $50, and I've had a couple of plays on the micros ($1 buy-in - big spender!). But I've had a few looks for tables around the $1 buy-in grade, but they all seem to be turbo only.

I want to play Hold em (preferably limits) non-turbo, but it seems that PP doesn't offer this; is this true, or am I missing a certain time of day when they're played?

Cheers
  • 5 replies
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Helipacter
      Hi,

I've registered at PP, got the $50, and I've had a couple of plays on the micros ($1 buy-in - big spender!). But I've had a few looks for tables around the $1 buy-in grade, but they all seem to be turbo only.

I want to play Hold em (preferably limits) non-turbo, but it seems that PP doesn't offer this; is this true, or am I missing a certain time of day when they're played?

Cheers
      All 9 man $1 SNG's on Party are turbo only. From $3 onwards there is "speed" and "turbo", speed being actually like a turbo on Full Tilt on Pokerstars.

The "turbo" on Party is similar in speed of blinds increase to a hyper turbo on Full Tilt, just that you start with 2K chips instead of 300. So you should really review your ICM for these. You'll be in the push/fold phase only like 10 minutes into the tourney and most are over within 15-20 minutes.
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      At what level does it get down to a normal SnG like Non-Turbo FT SnGs? I'm trying to learn how to play (complete newb!), but using turbo feels like a lottery. I've fluked some money from it, but not through any great skill of my own really, just being a bit tight and playing premium hands... and that's the problem...once those hands start drying up :s_cry:
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I posted a pushbot chart in the beginners NL section. search posts by user and find my post and you should find it easily enough. It lets you determine which hands are +cEV to shove when your M hits a certain value based on how many people are to act.

You shouldn't use this as a subsitute however, as cEV and $EV are really different late in SnGs.
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      I posted a pushbot chart in the beginners NL section. search posts by user and find my post and you should find it easily enough. It lets you determine which hands are +cEV to shove when your M hits a certain value based on how many people are to act.

You shouldn't use this as a subsitute however, as cEV and $EV are really different late in SnGs.
      Thanks for the chart, it´ll certainly come in useful!
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      You can find regular games on PartyPoker.com when you select a 3 USD + buy-in.

On 1 USD, you can only play turbo games. I suggest that you stick to those games until you make 120 USD+ in your bankroll. Do not forget that bankroll management is very important : )

Good luck on the turbo games, hope you master them.

If you consider playing turbo games in the future, please keep in mind that you need ~ 150 USD for 3 USD turbo Sit and Go's (you generally need bigger bankroll to handle the variance).