Session hand feedback

• Xavier006
      Xavier006
      Bronze
      Hey hey. So after my first session I’ve got a few hands to post and would very much appreciate any observations or feedback. On the 0.01/0.02p tables resulted in a plus £1.90 profit over three hours, hehe. I'm happy as it could've been a lot worse. I'm still trying to find a bet365 hand history converter (any assistance is more than welcome) so I'll type them out. I'll try to keep it coherent.

Unfortunately i haven't yet purchased a stats programme, and the villain in question in the first hand seemed irrational, he kept throwing money (min betting) into the pot instantly and rarely folded.

6 Max game, 1 sitting out.

Hero (BB) Dealt pocket 7's

MP CO BU folds, SB calls (0.01)
      Hero raises to (0.08p)
      SB calls
      ------------- Flop: 6d 2s 5d --------------------------

SB insta-bets 0.02p
      Hero raises to 0.14p
      SB calls

-------------- Turn 9s -----------------

SB checks
      Hero checks

------------- River Qh ---------------------- (Pot 0.44p)

SB Checks
      Hero bets 30p
      SB folds

I’m posting this one because the instant betting stumped me, I’ve seen him slow play apparent monsters twice before by betting 2p on the flop and turn before betting the pot on the river. How do you guys combat this kind of play, is it simply a matter of tightening up? It also links into the following hand.

On to the much more embarrassing hand 

Against the same opponent

6 max all players active.

Hero (UTG) AsKd

Hero raises to (0.08p)
      MP CO fold
      Button calls
      SB folds
      BB calls (villain)

------------- Flop: 6s 9s 3s --------------------------

SB insta-bets 0.02p
      Hero raises to 0.18p
      BU folds
      SB calls

-------------- Turn 10h -----------------

SB checks
      Hero checks

------------- River Ah ---------------------- (Pot 0.60p)

SB All-in (0.63p)
      Hero calls

Hero shows Pair of aces (AK)
      SB shows two pair, aces and nines (A9o)

SB wins a far too big pot of £1.86.

I failed to remember Atta22’s big piece of advice which was not to call huge river bets from fish. Hopefully this is a lesson learnt.

I played against him one last time but I made the ultimate mistake of over-thinking and timing out which was rather frustrating but it happens.

Currently I seem to be raising hands such as 97o from the button in an unraised pot against these players and perhaps on reflection loosened up in the last hour of playing and lost half the profits made.

As mentioned above all observations are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Matt
  • 1 reply
    • Xavier006
      Xavier006
      Bronze
      Hey sorry for the double post but I've had a few sessions and forgot to post them immidiately. So I would once again welcome any observations or indeed suggestions to this hand as I was a little stumped.

6 Max game, (0.01p/0.02p) bet365

Hero dealt (Kc Qc) (SB)

UTG - folds
      MP – raises to (0.08p)
      CO – folds
      BU – calls (0.08p)
      Hero - Raises (0.30p)
      BB – folds

MP – folds
      BU – calls (0.32)

------------- Flop: 3d Ad 6s ---------------- (Pot 0.69p)

Hero checks
      BU checks

-------------- Turn 5h ----------------- (Pot 0.69p)

Hero checks
      BU checks

------------- River 7d ---------------------- (Pot 0.69p)

Hero bets 0.45p
      BU folds

- I know that the fact I won here is irrelevant because I don't think I played it to maximize EV.

My 3bet pre-flop was to squeeze the caller, who I'd already identified as a station through previously play, while the original raiser seemed solid enough for the micro stakes. If he'd come over the top i'd've given it up while if he called I'd've check-folded that flop three-way out of position.

As it happens he folded and the button calls both the raise and the 3bet which was interesting. I'll admit the ace scared me, and out of position I checked. My half pot bet on the river was to take a stab at it, as he'd shown no aggression. On reflection this wasn't a profitable bet as if he had anything he liked he would've called. I could only see him folding a pair of threes and possibly fives here, as well as a bluff. If he had an ace I'm sure he wouldn't have let go.

Unfortunatly this hand put a small dent into my table image and subsequently I got played back at a lot but such things happen.

Any suggestios on how I should've played the hand better post-flop or any observations pre-flop are more than welcome.