$4.55
      BU:
      $7.85
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $12.71

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.40, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) 7, 3, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Turn: ($2.5) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

River: ($6.7) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, UTG2 calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $10.9.

i figured this opponent was very aggressive with AF 5 and 16/16. i was wondering if i should have 3-bet pre flop but would hate to play OOP if there were overcards. i decided to check/call all the way. when the river came, i figured it might have hit his range and decided to do a block bet to see a cheap showdown.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I like the way you played it. It's nice that you can switch gears sometimes. I think you might lose some value by not 3betting but against and overly aggro opponent you get huge implied odds.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      3bet with QQ is not generally bad, but again 16/16 I may call it as it seems it's not going to be multi way pot. I like it overall, but I would still check the river. Even tho he's aggro I doubt he will bet that card if it didn't hit him.

Against more passive opp I may b/f on turn instead of just calling it again, because I doubt he's raising worse hands on turn and that way we may save ourselves some money if he has better hand and he may still call with worse hands he could check back for pot control. But in this case he should be aggro enough to bet whatever he has, so initial line seems fine.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      3bet with QQ is not generally bad, but again 16/16 I may call it as it seems it's not going to be multi way pot. I like it overall, but I would still check the river. Even tho he's aggro I doubt he will bet that card if it didn't hit him.

Against more passive opp I may b/f on turn instead of just calling it again, because I doubt he's raising worse hands on turn and that way we may save ourselves some money if he has better hand and he may still call with worse hands he could check back for pot control. But in this case he should be aggro enough to bet whatever he has, so initial line seems fine.
      Sounds fine. That said the river K usually won't be of concern to us since few 16/16 will bet flop bet turn close to pot with AK unless it's AdKd, and since the Kd just rivered he can't have that, if it hit him it's because he has KK. River is just a check/fold, flush got there, we don't beat JJ+, and it's scary enough that he will never valuebet less than AA if even that, he might not even continue bluffing if he happened to be bluffing since we sure look like we can have the flush.

Hope it helps.