$11.85
      UTG1:
      $9.90
      UTG2:
      $3.74
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.20

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, BB raises to $1.10, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.35) 4, 7, 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.35.

i thought that a raise on a blinds by a tight player often indicates AA or KK. i decided to call for implied odds since i could break him. however the flop was all under cards. i dont think that changes the fact that he still was going to have AA or KK but could i call once on the flop since i have an overpair? and he was likely to show up once in a while with AK.
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Calling pre with JJ IP is fine. I think if you called flop you have to call turn as it just doesn't change anything. I just think that if he has any piece of hand to hold on, he will be 2nd barreling often, even with FD. But if he's cbetting almost always and then giving up if he has nothing and he's overall passive and tight, your line is fine.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Duudalinja
      Calling pre with JJ IP is fine. I think if you called flop you have to call turn as it just doesn't change anything. I just think that if he has any piece of hand to hold on, he will be 2nd barreling often, even with FD. But if he's cbetting almost always and then giving up if he has nothing and he's overall passive and tight, your line is fine.
      Sounds okay. What changes on the turn is precisely that most people would be giving up on bluffs at that point, which makes their turn bets a lot stronger than their flop cbets, tho it might not apply to guys min3betting you preflop. I like your line, very likely he just has some premium in that spot.

Hope it helps.