Elephant SNG Placement = 0 (zero)

• Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am experiencing a problem where about 20 out of 1100+ SnG tourneys it says I finished in 0 place, which obviously doesn't make sense. This same problem was reported here, but the thread is now closed:
      [DONE] Elephant SnG on Pokerstars

I am unclear how I clean up the database though... I could try re-importing all the files in my hand history folder but I've done that already and the problem still exists.

Could you please provide instructions so I can try to clean up the database? If you like I can send you the hand history files related to the placement=0 problem for further analysis.

Also, I do from time to time experience disconnects during play where I have to reset my modem. I suspect that this would cause a break in the file(s) and may introduce problems...?
  • 10 replies
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi Ramble,

the point is that PokerStars doesn't always write the tourney placement and winning information into the Hand History files. When importing SNG HHs without this information the Elephant will show placement 0 for the hero of the tourney.

You need to request the missing Tourney Summaries from PokerStars. Having installed the latest Elephant version you'll find the "PokerStars SNG Summaries Guide.pdf" document explaining the procedere how to request and import the missing data right in the Windows startmenu.

Hope this helps,
      L
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Sorry for the confusion, I should have indicated that unlike the poster in the other thread, I play at Full Tilt.

I imagine it is the same procedure for Full Tilt as it would be for Stars and will proceed that way.

Thanks for the response.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I guess Full Tilt is not set up the same as Stars as far as getting hand summaries...

And some of these tourneys are over a year old. Luckily I was keeping good records of my games through an EXCEL spreadsheet and can figure out the missing info by cross-referencing dates. I will manually go in and edit these files.

Also, all of the MTT-SnG's report 0 players, 0 hands... not sure why it would handle them differently then the STT-SnG's??? Maybe because the table switches (i.e. being moved to a different table mid-tourney) confuses it? In any case, I'm not too concerned about these at this point since I played very few and had extremely small cashes in them...
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi again Ramble,

FTP will write the required Tourney Summaries automatically next to the Hand Histories into the same folder. Can you confirm that these Tourney Summaries are located there?

Thx,
      L
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I've reviewed the files associated with the tourneys and there appear to be 3 sets of circumstances.

1) A summary file does not exist.
      2) A summary file exists but it is empty of any text.
      3) A summary file contains information, but was not updated when I was eliminated. it would read something like:

Full Tilt Poker Tournament Summary $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (#########) Hold'em No Limit
      Buy-In: $2 + $0.25
      Buy-In Chips: 1500
      9 Entries
      Total Prize Pool: $18
      Tournament started: 2009/08/30 0:59:21 ET
      Tournament is still in progress

Still Playing - random player
      Still Playing - Hero
      Still Playing - random player
      4: random player
      5: random player
      6: random player
      7: random player
      8: random player
      9: random player

(Please note I changed the names/ tourney # to protect the innocent...)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi Ramble,

the point is that the Elephant needs the completed Tourney Summaries in order to import the final stats correctly.

If the Summaries aren't completely stored on your local harddrive there is nothing much we can do.
      Have you tried to contact the FTP-support, maybe they are able to send you the missing files?!

Sorry,
      L
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      I asked Full Tilt Support to send me the hand history and summary files for the 20 tournaments affected. I gave them the tournament ID and date of each one.

They replied back with a single file hand history of ALL 65000+ hands I've played since July of last year... I would have to go through and find each hand and cut and paste it into a new file for each tourney.

Also they cannot supply the summary files.

It should be easy enough for me to re-create the summary files from what I can find in the hand histories, but I'm not going to bother recreating the individual hand histories...

Thanks for your replies Larres.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi Ramble,

the Elephant can handle duplicate files, so you can easily import and reimport hand histories without mixing up your stats...
      But again, in order to get the tourney placements and winnings you'll need the tourney summaries besides the hand histories.

Cheers,
      L
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Wait a second...

I am rebuilding the summary files that I was having problems with from scratch based on the hand histories Full Tilt provided me. I came across the very first tourney that I ever made a deal in and found that I have no summary file.

What if the "discuss deal" option was used and the remaining 2-3 players made a deal - how does Full Tilt and Elephant handle those summary files?
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello Rumble,

the current Elephant version doesn't support any 'officially dealt' SNGs.
      But if you just enter the final outcome (speaking of placements and winnings) of the SNG into a summary file, than the Elephant should recognize the Tourney Summary as a normal SNG and be able to import it.

Nevertheless a support of 'officially dealt' SNGs would be a nice addition to the Elephant.
      Do you know Elephant's User Voice (click), our wishlist for general additions and new features, where you can enter new ideas like this and vote for them.

Hope this helps,
      L