[NL2-NL10] AA utg 5 callers, crummy flop, bet?

• alenstrat
      Was this a fold on the flop?

I'm thinking I should have raised smaller to probe if anyone had hit on the flop, to be able to control the pot/not get pot committed with so many players in the hand.

Or was a check on the flop a possibility out of position with so many people in the pot?

There were tons of possible straight draws, two pairs, etc. that could have been flopped, that I should have know it wouldn't be possible to get everyone to fold that flop by betting big. But I was thinking I couldn't fold to someone holding KQ or something. For example KQ would probably reraise to protect I'd expect?!? And the guy was mid stacked, so he was already pretty much committed there.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($2.4) J, 8, Q (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.20, MP2 folds, CO calls $2.20, BU folds, SB raises to $4.40, BB folds, Hero calls $2.20, CO folds.

Turn: ($13.4) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.33(All-In), Hero calls $2.33.

River: ($18.06) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $18.06.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ac Ad).

SB shows a straight, queen high(Th 9h).

SB wins with a straight, queen high(Th 9h).
  • 2 replies
    • benguela
    • Kaitz20
      against 5 players you´re sometimes behind, but I think AA is too strong to b/f there against middlestack, so I´d shove on the flop
      If he has you beat then nothing you can do, but I think he can also have there Qx hand that he is raising for value
      If you want you can make it 1.5$, then it is easier to b/f your hand