Psychology behind poker room choice

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

Iv mentioned on other threads that i have good results on Full Tilt, Party Poker and BWIN besides my poor BRM.

Having said that, i have dabbled on a few other sites/networks and have had very poor results in comparison. And i cant seem to see where my downfall is, except for being unlucky.

I play the exact style of poker, eben at times i play far tighter and more aggressive with the nuts. But how can my results be so varied?

A few aspects that i contribute to this or to my mindset are the following:

1. The interfaces dont appeal to me.

2. Servers are too slow.

3. Not enough players

4. Smaller sites/networks...better players?

Id really be keen to hear your thoughts.
  • 9 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      smaller sites usually mean worse players, since the best players tend to play at FTP and stars b/c of good software, player pool, etc etc. rest of the points could be part of it tho, or more than likely, its just all around small sample sizes that really dont mean much anyway
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      i have heard that the players should be worse on these sites but woah!!! Its crazy out there. You know how many times i have felt that the other players could see my cards!!! Its so sick..lol..i dont dont, maybe a semi-bluff contributes 1% of my total of 14% hands that i play!!!

Its just very frustrating to not be able to apply myself propperly to some sites. Its very strange but these sites all belong to the same network...mmmm... :s_confused:
    • FakeLunatic
      FakeLunatic
      Bronze
      Yeah, its crazy... You will get more coolers and bad beats than ever, but fish will also pay off your good hands too if you are patient enough :) Atleast thats what I keep telling myself :D
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      definately,you are right. Patience is the key, although,for now i will head back to the bigger sites where i feel more comfortable.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      i have this feeling too, on pokerstars i am crushing the limit, players are much better and i just make those small steals, and trap them, on the other hand if i play on vcpoker i have a hard time cause i have too be way more patiaent and not bluff at all( even the rgs are bad.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I seem to be doing a hell of a lot better on Pokerstars than I ever was at PartyPoker, and I don't tihnk i've changed the way I play a lot ?( You can check out the graphs in my blog, on PartyPoker in July I made $25 on NL2 and lost the majority of it on NL4 when I moved up. On Pokerstars i've made $61 on NL5 in 4 days.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Yes, i know. Its soo weird. I wasted my $50 dollar that pokerstrategy gave me on one of the IPoker network rooms. Total dissapointment...

Anywhoo...to prove to myself that i am not such a shoddy player, i decided to give myself a challenge.

$10 start up on Full Tilt.

That was this morning. Had a killer grinding session of SNG and MTT and guess what...im sitting prety on $189 after one day!

My downfall has always been poor BRM but im practising the methodology used here and lets see how quickly i can get over the $300 mark. :f_biggrin:
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AllinStefk
      $10 start up on Full Tilt.

im sitting prety on $189 after one day!

My downfall has always been poor BRM
      Indeed
    • PatMood
      PatMood
      Bronze
      @ Allinstefk - It shouldn't matter how fast you reach your goal, as long as you reach it...