Suggestions & feedback for beginners SSS

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      I already posted 2 suggestions as a mistakes and was pointed to this forum as I have three more:

1. After analysing my hands, I discovered that I lose most money with AQs. Its because I tend to raise and go all in with them more than I am supposed to. So my suggestion would be:

Please point out that these (AQ, AJ, AT, KQ) are good, strong hole cards (and you would play them when playing different strategy), BUT that they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH for raising and going all-in from early positions and against multiple raisers :) . It cost me a lot of money to learn this :evil:

2. You say that every time we join the table, we should wait for BB. I think that it would be only logical to add that we should also leave the table just before the BB, so we can see as much free hands as possible.

3. You should mention that SSS is basically a "hit and run" strategy (as every winning all-in will make your stack bigger than cash out limit and you will have to leave the table).

And, as part of this, you should definitely note that you will not be allowed back to same table within 1 hour (you can return ofc, but you have to bring the same amount you left with).

So, realistically a player on along SSS session should write down the table he just left and the time when he did that. This way he will know which table he cannot return to and for how long. Basically, what you do is that you set up a little rotation - you start with one table go through all of them and by the time you played on all tables an hour have passed and you can return to the table you left first.

I found that if you play 4 tables at the same time, you need at least 9-10 tables of your limit on that website for succesful rotation. Otherwise you just run out oftables to play on.

I hope that at least some of this makes some sense and it will help to improve the life of the beginners :f_cool:
  • 7 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SilverSag
      Please point out that these (AQ, AJ, AT, KQ) are good, strong hole cards (and you would play them when playing different strategy), BUT that they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH for raising and going all-in from early positions and against multiple raisers :) . It cost me a lot of money to learn this :evil:
      As far as I know, I do not 3bet or shove against raises with AT-AQ and KQ the majority of the time. Furthermore I am pretty sure this is NOT advertised in the starting hands chart ;)
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      :D I know it is not advertised on starting hands chart! I never said it is!:D

But it is a pretty strong hand and for a beginner it is the same (it does look almost the same and its only one card away from AK, isn't it? :f_p: ) as AK.

So I find it EXTREMELY HARD to fold an AQ on early position, so I go in as SSS says 4xBB+ 1BB for each limper... and I go AI if someone reraises... and get severely punished for this :evil:

What I would like to see is a little bit more emphasis on the fact, that while it is a good starting hand, it's just not good enough for SSS. That would helped me to understand it better. :f_cool:
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye when i started poker i used to go all in alot especialy if my lovely AQ or AJ was suited, but after watching wsop 2009 i took many notes watching this and there was so many casulities with AQ and not reall from pro's i think AQ is an over rated hand by beginners i agree but only in tournemnets, in cash tables id be happy to get AQ all day gimme gimme gimme
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SilverSag
      But it is a pretty strong hand and for a beginner it is the same (it does look almost the same and its only one card away from AK, isn't it? :f_p: ) as AK.
      No AQ is not the same nor NEAR the same as AK:

[quote] Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: [b] 28.295 %[/b] 27.154 % 2.283 % 70.563 % AQs, AQo
      Player 2: 71.705 % 70.563 % 2.283 % 27.154 % JJ+, AKs, AKo

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: [b] 35.068 %[/b] 23.551 % 23.034 % 53.415 % AQs, AQo
      Player 2: 64.932 % 53.415 % 23.034 % 23.551 % TT+, AQs+, AQo+

vs

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: [b]39.779 %[/b] 22.345 % 34.868 % 42.787 % AKs, AKo
      Player 2: 60.221 % 42.787 % 34.868 % 22.345 % JJ+, AKs, AKo

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: [b] 49.117 %[/b] 37.625 % 22.985 % 39.391 % AKs, AKo
      Player 2: 50.883 % 39.391 % 22.985 % 37.625 % TT+, AQs+, AQo+
      [/quote]You win at least 11% more with AK than with AQ
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      Gerv, you are taking this thing too seriously :) Where is your sense of humour? :) I said it LOOKS the same for a beginner! :D Obviously that winning odds are not the same :)

On more serious note:

Even though I stopped fooling around with AQs from early positions and trying to follow the SSS to a T my graph is still going down and shows no signs of stopping. I have lost 50$ in 12 000 hands of NL10 and starting to get really frustrated.

When I started to play, I was anxiously waiting for good hands to come. Now I am almost to the point that I do not like having them - they only seem to bring more losses...

What parts of stats (I am using PT3) should I show and to whom, so somebody can point me my mistakes?

Or maybe 12 000 hands is too small a sample? I checked - out of 11 all-in showdowns with AKs I have won only 2 and overall I am losing 0,85 BB/hand when I have AKs. That sure can't be right in a long run, can it?

I am also losing money with ATs, ATo, KQs and 88...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well you are posting this into "'Suggestions & Feedback''' sub forum so I take things a bit more serious than if you would post this in Humor & Offtopic section

We clearly advertise the specific hands you can raise, reraise and so on for beginners. Attending coachings will help you expand your play and understand why this SHC is so tight in the first place

Safe to say if you do not want to listen nor read to what we have said or written down for you in the form of the Starting Hands Chart, guess one has to learn it the hard way and lose money because of his plays :(

What is your sample with all the semi-top hands you are losing?
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      no money in nl10, everyone is solid.