Stack
      SB:
      $34.2
      Hero:
      $28.3
      CO:
      $40.05

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 5:spade:
      CO raises to $0.75, BU folds, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) J:diamond: , T:spade: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $1.65, SB calls $1.65, Hero calls $1.65.

Turn: ($7.20) K:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $3.99, SB calls $3.99, Hero calls $3.99.

River: ($19.17) 4:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, [COLOR=red]Hero ???

Did i play this correctly?
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d lead out flop and be happy to get all-in if someone raises my lead, since we have too much equity against any sort of hand
      Also you can consider squeezing pf and taking c/r line on the flop to make him fold AQ/AK and worse pp-s that might b/f there
      As played: lead out river 10$, he would likely call that bet with straight/two pair, aces but would often check back even as strong as two pair or straight and definitely one pair hands
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Thanks, thats exactly what i did and he folded his AQ which im suprised by.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wacko118
      Thanks, thats exactly what i did and he folded his AQ which im suprised by.
      some players are just scared money and try to find any possibility when to fold very strong hand. But this would make quite good bluffing opportunities on the river when he won´t really go to showdown with strong hands
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      There's no room for a call with AQ on river, imo. It's a clear muck after two guys c/c twice with fd on board and after flush hits on river, one of them donks for half pot. It's not being scared money, it's being a winning player. My 2 cents.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      There's no room for a call with AQ on river, imo. It's a clear muck after two guys c/c twice with fd on board and after flush hits on river, one of them donks for half pot. It's not being scared money, it's being a winning player. My 2 cents.
      I think players can also lead there worse hands as two pair, so I´d not really folding there straight on the river although I´m beat quite often
      Just players show up too often with worse hands
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      If hero in this spot has a two pair, he had it on turn already. Since the 4 on river doesn't really improve hero's handrange into any twopair. If hero had strong two pair on turn and he wants to get more money in the pot, he would raise it on turn. Right? Hero's play looks a lot exactly like what it is, a draw. I mean, calling behind twice in 3way pot is 98% of the time a draw.

Still not convinced that villain should ~ever call there.