[NL2-NL10] Middlepair JJ with A high board

• mrschh
      mrschh
      Bronze
      Did i make the right descicion here? Besides not pusing all in on the flop immediately. Or should i just check fold an A high board? The likliest hand he would call preflop would be Ax or some type of drawing hand like 98s so the board is quite scary.

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 2 folds, CO calls $0,08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0,19) A:club: , 6:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,19, CO raises to $0,38, Hero calls $0,09 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($0,75) 4:club:
      River: ($0,75) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jd)
      CO shows a pair of aces (As Tc)

CO wins with a pair of aces (As Tc)

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      I would have just pushed all in on the flop. You're already committed to the pot when he raises you, so you had to call anyway.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lollujo
      I would have just pushed all in on the flop. You're already committed to the pot when he raises you, so you had to call anyway.
      +1

as played you cant fold.

T.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey mrschh,

when you play SSS you never have to bet full potsize for protection, because opponents simply don't have implied odds on you because of your small stack therefore c-betting 0.12$ would be more than enough here and after that you can easily fold when opponent raises you, that's because you are either drawing dead against Ax or slight favorite against a draw. And besides most low limit opponents will play draws passively, so Ax is more likely than a draw.

So, here is best to stick to standard strategy and c-bet 2/3 of potsize and give up without a made hand.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      LOLZ, didn't see the PSB bet on the flop :f_biggrin: