$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      3 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Hero ($14.37)
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($12.32)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 3 players) Hero is BTN J:heart: J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: 4:spade: A:club: J:diamond: ($0.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: 9:club: ($3.15, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25

River: 6:diamond: ($5.65, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.50, BB folds

Opp: 25/14/3.3 over 50 hands

On such a dry board I tend to call in flop and let him bluff or bet if he has anything. Turn opens few draws tho, so I make bet, BUT it seems I should make it bigger, like 2$, because I'm giving a bit too goods odds for him to call with draws (22%) he may have and not extracting value from worse hands. I wanted to make this "bluffy", but I think if he didn't bet turn no bet will make him raise it.
      Easy bet on river, but it's biggish compared to turn, so it looks strong. That's another reason to keep betting more or less similar.

Edit: Mistype, second set, not top one. :)
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      It's second set, but that's not the point. Calling the raise on the flop is OK. The only thing I would do different is the bet size on the turn. I would bet between 1/2 and 2/3 so that the river shove isn't that big.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I like your turn bet size actually, just because I can't really see him check/raise the flop and then not bet the turn with anything strong unless he's trapping, in which case we'll get it in by the river regardless of what we do. So the small bet actually maximizes value against weakish hands and pure bluffs he's likely spazzing out with, giving him an opportunity to continue playing horribly by shoving over what looks like a very weak turn bet.

I don't mind anybody wanting to bet the turn stronger and it will be the best play if you somehow can put stuff like Ax in villain's range, I just happen to think he'd probably bet the turn again with that or he'll check/shove them, so I prefer to target a weaker range with a weaker bet.

Hope it helps.