26k hands NL2 stats review

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      As, for one reason or another, I am starting again (for the 4th time :f_confused: ) I would like some thoughts on my NL2 stats. My winrate can and should be much, much higher but I feel I'm playing reasonably well.

I have one rather large leak that I already know about and am fixing but I would like someone to take a look at my stats to tell me if there's anything obvious that I'm missing.

It's probably worth mentioning that while at the micro's I'm playing between 16 and 24 tables at a time so I generally play a little tighter than the SHC's suggest.

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • 12 replies
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      playing too few hands and folding too many postflop imo
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Play 6 tables and get your game on track. Your stats just look like a nit bot, dude! VPIP 7 and PFR 4? Are you only raising TT+, AQ+ or something like that? You fold too often vs SB. Even 91% SB fold seems waaaaay too high for me. Yes, you are beating the limit but it's just slighlty! You should CRUSH NL2 and when you play like NL100 or better and can play 16 tables with this winrate you probably won't need to go up limits anytime soon as you will make a decent income from poker already. But until then game > no_tables!
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      lol Cheers for the replies..

I know it seems I'm a nit bot but honestly I'm not... Or, at least I don't feel like I play that way.

I raise any hand I play first in unless I feel there is a need for limp\calling a small pp looking for a set on particularly crazy tables... I play 77+, AQ+ utg, 22+, AJ+, KQ, A2s +, KTs+ in mp, QT+, 89s+ from the cut off and pretty much any two first in on the btn.

Granted, I don't defend my blinds very well and that is definitely down to playing too many tables.

I feel like I need to play so many tables at this limit because I just want to get through it and hate the time it takes for variance to play out when playing fewer tables. I have beaten nl5 fr with a much better win rate than this before now so felt that nl2 should be a complete walk over but my results haven't been what I thought they would playing the way I do - Hence the request for advice.

I don't know why my stats say I'm so tight when I didn't think I was - Less tables and more laggy play is of course an option but I'm shit scared of being stuck at this limit for more than is absolutely necessary.

If that's what I need to do then I guess that's what I'll do..
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      I personnaly prefer playing 2-4 tables, so that i have a better feel for my opponents, knowing who are the nitts, like you, so that i steal threir blinds with any two, and then not be too obvious next time i am on the button i fold, then steal from the cu, when from mp3.
      if they orl i might make a move and 3bet them many times, again not too obvious- one time from bb, wair about 10-15 hands , 3bet from sb, then again ip when he opens from cu.
      Or sonetimes cold calling and making plays like floating and bluff raisng..
      If u played like me about 2-4 tables, maybe even 6, u could play back but no way u do it when u have 16 tables..
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by SiXAT
      I personnaly prefer playing 2-4 tables, so that i have a better feel for my opponents, knowing who are the nitts, like you, so that i steal threir blinds with any two, and then not be too obvious next time i am on the button i fold, then steal from the cu, when from mp3.
      if they orl i might make a move and 3bet them many times, again not too obvious- one time from bb, wair about 10-15 hands , 3bet from sb, then again ip when he opens from cu.
      Or sonetimes cold calling and making plays like floating and bluff raisng..
      If u played like me about 2-4 tables, maybe even 6, u could play back but no way u do it when u have 16 tables..
      Yeah... I realised this after reading everyone's comments here. I used to think I played the same game at 24 tables as I did at 8... This is not the case! I'll post my stats at 50k hands to see the difference when 8 tabling but I already know for sure it'll be massive and my winrate much higher.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      You shouldn't play more than 4 tables imo.
      Especially at these limits you can spot fish really easily and get reads on them but if you play 20 tables how do you do??

By playing so many tables you are not improving your game so your goal should be play 2-4 tables, focus on them, get reads on your opponents and exploit their weakness and please play more hands.

I believe that by doing so you will not only improve your game much faster but also win more money.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      [X] meganit
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      [X] meganit
      We'll see ;)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      OP makes me feel like a LAG and I only play 11/7 ?(

I do think tight is the best policy through the micro's though. I think this is just a little to tight.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      [X] meganit

worse then phil laak style
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Lol I've dropped the number of tables to 8 and loosened up loads. Apart from 1 bad session, over the last 3k hands I've been averaging 20bb\100. Will post a graph when I move up.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Yeah you just cant play that many tables unless you really have millions of hands behind you. You can really abuse the really really bad players on the micro limits and make way more money that way. On the higher limits on NL100+ if you play FR you can play a fairly tight profitable game with winrate of 1-2bb/100 hands and make a decent profit of rakeback.