[NL2-NL10] Session end Evaluations

• mrschh
      mrschh
      Bronze
      Hello again,

Ended my second session and thought id get some feedback on some of the hands im unsure of.

Hand 1: (Pushed on the flop empty cause the pot was quite big and i felt commited after 2 checks in front i felt i could take down the pot)

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , J:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0,02.
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,02, CO checks, Hero raises to $0,12, SB folds, BB calls $0,10, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds.

Flop: ($0,39) 4:club: , 3:diamond: , 6:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0,19 (All-In), BB raises to $0,38, MP3 folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($0,77) Q:heart:
      River: ($0,77) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,77

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with queen kicker (As Jh)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4d)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, fours (4s 4d)

Hand 2: (once again the push was because i felt committed on the turn. Should i give up my bluff although pot is quite large on a very dry board? Worked out this time but..)

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.87 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,08, 5 folds, BU calls $0,08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,19) 8:diamond: , T:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,15, BU calls $0,15.

Turn: ($0,49) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,17 (All-In), BU calls $0,17.

River: ($0,83) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $0,83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (As Kd)
      BU shows high card ace with ten kicker (Ac 9d)

Hero wins with high card ace with king kicker (As Kd)

Thanks in advance and thatks for a great site!
  • 3 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hello,

Please 1 hand per post the next time :)

Hand1:
      Preflop: OK
      Flop: just check/fold. we should not bluff against more than 1 opponent.

Hand2:
      Preflop: OK
      Flop: Here we are heads up. So good bluff cbet
      Turn: He called our flop bet, so he will not fold often enough to a turn bluff bet. So check/fold from here until the hand improves.

T.
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      I would have played exactly as you did on the first hand. The pot was more than twice your stack, and both opponents checked, that's enough for me to push all in with just about anything, as there are plenty of times where you take the pot down right there.

As for the second one, I'd have probably pushed on the flop here as well. Your bet was around half your stack, which left you committed to a big pot on the turn. Pushing on the flop gives you more fold equity = more chances to win the pot. As played, the call on the flop leaves me check/folding the turn, but losing a lot of chips into the pot as a result, which is why I'd favour the push on the flop.

I'm making myself sound like a maniac! I don't push all in every hand, honest...
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey mrschh,

welcome to the SSS forum!

When you post hands, please try to keep 1 hand per thread and remove the results, because they can affect the discussion of the hand.

Just check behind against multiple opponents and hope to hit J or A on the following streets. You only have a trash hand according to strategy and fold equity against more than one opponent decreases significantly.

Try to keep your c-bet sizing in between 1/2 potsize(for dry boards) to 2/3 potsize(draw heavy boards). Here the board is very dry and c-bet of 0.11$ should be more than enough.

After opponent didn't give up to your c-bet and you still don't have made/drawing hand just give up the hand and wait for a better opportunity to invest your money.

Regards,
      burek2000