Pokerstove

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

Newb question.

I've been advised to download Pokerstove, as it seems like it can help with the decision making process.

I've done a bit of investigation, and, to me, PS seems a bit time consuming - does it become easier to use the more you use it? I've seen a few evaluations, and they were taking 2-3 mins to put the Villains hand ranges in... Full Tilt gives you 15 secs to make a decision... so how is it possible?

Or are there less time constraining pieces of software to get hold of?

Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • YUKNOW
      YUKNOW
      Bronze
      Programs like pokerstove and the ps equilator aren't made to be used while playing, you can use them when analyzing hands after a session, to check hand strength against another hand or range. If you are fast enough maybe you can do it in-game, if you're not multitabling...but if you spend enough time playing with the equilator/pokerstove, you'll learn basically what hands go into the top 17% range for instance and you'll be able to do it in your head, more or less...

The evaluations you see in videos are done while the video is paused. The sessions there (sometimes, not always) are pre-recorded and the commentary and analysis is added afterwards. I think presets of ranges can be saved in the equilator if you insist to use it in-game, that might help.
    • winpkwin
      winpkwin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YUKNOW
      Programs like pokerstove and the ps equilator aren't made to be used while playing, you can use them when analyzing hands after a session.
      +1