This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 4NL FR QQ vs Late position raiser

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Boss Media $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $5.68
      Hero (UTG+2): $4.24
      MP1: $7.41
      MP2: $3.88
      CO: $6.91
      BTN: $3.42
      SB: $3.44
      BB: $4.04
      UTG: $2.42

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is UTG+2 with Q :heart: Q :diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $0.60, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.44

Flop: ($1.26) 4 :diamond: J :heart: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.26) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.72, MP2 raises to $2.28 all in, Hero calls $0.56

River: ($7.82) K :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $7.82
      MP2 shows K :heart: A :spade:
      MP2 wins $7.04
      (Rake: $0.78)

i'm 60/40 on the turn vs AK, but is this profitable overall? what other hands does he get aggro with? KQs and KQo? AJ? any others?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You are 60/40 not only against AK but also against his entire range so the play should be profitable in the long run.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      If you don't have any stats about villain I assume he's unknown and if unknown is 3betting 4x I tend to just call it here, but 4bet is always an option when in you have any suspicion he may 3bet widely.
      As played I was thinking of raising flop, but that would mean you are committing yourself against better hands, so I changed my mind.
      If you want to play for stacks shoving is fine as I think he may check back a lot of AK hands. I think you will be often behind on turn against his 3betting range, but he may bet a lot of rivers if you check back again so you can't get to showdown and any bet would mean stacking off, so I think there's nothing much left to do, but shove.
      Not sure about this one tho.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      The turn is indeed a bad card, but I don't think its enough to warrent stopping my aggression. Top pair and flush draw is behind overpairs if I recall, so its still correct to bet the turn. the only thing ur dead to is a full boat, which isn't going to be something to worry about when the pairs on board are 44.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can't check/fold for less than pot once you get there and unless you're convinced he will bet again stuff like AK with a heart, you're indeed better off shoving into his entire range than check/calling against what will probably be TT+, sometimes with a bigger heart than yours, and maybe some naked AK with a heart.

Hope it helps.